Features required in gnome 3 / mint 12

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
asfak

Features required in gnome 3 / mint 12

Post by asfak »

All praises to Mint developer for making gnome 3 not only bearable but more acceptable than gnome 2. Though there is much to be done. Still I have something to share about my concern ( or expectation). These are as follow :

1) Limit favorite button in mgse menu to maximum 9. More you increase them in gnome shell, the vertical height goes on increasing up to a limit where u can't even see the top part. I know, very few would want to have more favorite, but in such case, mgse menu would turn unusable.

2) Add feature like adding to desktop or bottom panel with right click mgse menu

3) Adding log off, shutdown button to menu.

4) As fas as I have heard, top panel could not be removed. thanks developers that you could auto-hide it. I prefer this to be a default feature of mint 12.

5) Adding quick launcher to bottom panel.

6)GUI administrator for login manager. So that you could select which desktop be made default. No GUI in lightdm. So when you intend to make another desktop as default, you have to use command line.

I am not a regular reader of the forum. Maybe some of the feature i mentioned may have been in development. All the best for Mint 12

Asfak
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Features required in gnome 3 / mint 12

Post by Monsta »

asfak wrote:4) As fas as I have heard, top panel could not be removed.
Maybe the official answer is no, but take a look at these topics:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=85730
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=85775
dark4p

Re: Features required in gnome 3 / mint 12

Post by dark4p »

Another great idea is adding Global Menu shell extension - which i'm actually testing right now and it is working great..

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”