/dev/urandom wrote:ATI does not work well with KDE on Mint DE either. Not sure why.
I have AMD Catalyst 11.11 running flawlessly in LMDE. Not sure how you went about installing, but this is how I did it after a fresh install......
1. Download 11.11 from AMD's site
2. Right click on the downloaded file and make it executable
3. Double click the file and choose to open in terminal
4. Install process is smooth from there
6. Right click on Admin mode icon and change launch properties to gksu amdcccle
7. Double click Admin mode icon, make your changes, then reboot. All should work fine....
I have eyefinity across 3 27" screens and they work flawlessly. In fact, of all distros I've tried, and there are MANY, LMDE was the easiest of all to configure my graphics cards (2x 6970's in crossfire). If you have any questions let me know.