start up manager

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dgurev7

start up manager

Post by dgurev7 »

When I had Mint 11 I used START UP MANAGER (I think it was the name of the program) to manage which operating system is the first to boot. Now I have Mint 12 (Lisa) and I can't find it there. Is there is a way to control which OS boots first in Mint 12?

I appreciate your help,
Thanks, David
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: start up manager

Post by bimsebasse »

See 3c. Manage grub settings with Grub Customizer in this thread.
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

dgurev7 wrote:When I had Mint 11 I used START UP MANAGER (I think it was the name of the program) to manage which operating system is the first to boot. Now I have Mint 12 (Lisa) and I can't find it there. Is there is a way to control which OS boots first in Mint 12?

I appreciate your help,
Thanks, David

Mint12 did not have startupmanager by default.
to install just do a sudo apt-get install startupmanager
dgurev7

Post by dgurev7 »

I did sudo .... . It worked great, thanks a lot. But I didn't understand with thread, sorry, I am new in Linux. Probably the same way I can get a screen saver?
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

dgurev7 wrote:Probably the same way I can get a screen saver?

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove gnome-screensaver
sudo apt-get install xscreensaver xscreensaver-gl-extra xscreensaver-data-extra
(see above linked thread for details)

The problem with Startup Manager is that it doesn't work very well (or at all) with grub2 any longer, probably the main reason it's not in Mint 12.
dgurev7

Post by dgurev7 »

Thank you very much for your time, I am sensing that Mint 12 is not for me, I am going back to Mint 11 or 10, I felt very comfortable there.
Thanks again.

Return to “LMDE Archive”