Compiz - wobbly windows

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bigseb

Compiz - wobbly windows

Post by bigseb »

I like the wobbly windows effect. Is this possible in Mint? Not sure.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
soccerz619

Re: Compiz - wobbly windows

Post by soccerz619 »

Should be. System > Preferences > CompizConfig Settings Manager > Effects > Wobbly Windows does it for me.
bigseb

Post by bigseb »

soccerz619 wrote:Should be. System > Preferences > CompizConfig Settings Manager > Effects > Wobbly Windows does it for me.
I dont have that. According to Synaptic though compiz is installed. Am I missing something else?
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

soccerz619 has another menu and you are using the mintmenu.
The equivalent for you should be:
menu > control centre > CompizConfig Settings Manager > Effects > Wobbly Windows
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

Compiz worked when I installed cairo dock, logged out, and clicked on the icon to the right of the sign in where it says "cairo dock with effects." Compiz works great but there are no panels so I have everything on my dock. :wink:

Robin
bigseb

Post by bigseb »

dagon wrote:soccerz619 has another menu and you are using the mintmenu.
The equivalent for you should be:
menu > control centre > CompizConfig Settings Manager > Effects > Wobbly Windows
I don't have anything like that. See screenshot of synaptic:
002.jpg
Compiz appears to be installed, what is going on? I assume I am doing some thing wrong... :?
soccerz619

Post by soccerz619 »

Look in your menu and try to find the settings for Compiz. My menu, my "Start Button", is different from yours. Find your "Start Button" and go "menu > control centre > CompizConfig Settings Manager > Effects > Wobbly Windows". Or just open a terminal and type

Code: Select all

ccsm
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

do you can compizconfig-settings-manager installed?
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

bigseb wrote:Is this possible in Mint?
The answer depends on which version of mint you have, which no one has yet asked you?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
bigseb

Post by bigseb »

soccerz619 wrote:Look in your menu and try to find the settings for Compiz. My menu, my "Start Button", is different from yours. Find your "Start Button" and go "menu > control centre > CompizConfig Settings Manager > Effects > Wobbly Windows". Or just open a terminal and type

Code: Select all

ccsm
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The compizconfig setting manager wasn't installed. An apt-get install is under way.... I will report back.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
bigseb

Post by bigseb »

Right the settings manager is installer and wobbly windows is ticked. Still isn't working though. What am I doing wrong?

Remoulder: I am running Mint 12.
soccerz619

Post by soccerz619 »

Are you other settings turned on and working too? Or are other things not working. It may have to do with which driver you're using too. I have two graphics card drivers that would work on mine, and leave my Compiz on and use other programs instead of Flash just for Compiz haha.
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

Are you in main gnome 3.2 or fallback mode? Compiz last I tried wouldn't work in the main desktop.

If in fallnack try running compiz --replace in your terminal then try wobbly windows.

If you running you fusion-icon select compiz as your windows manager.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

bigseb wrote:I am running Mint 12
Then as wyrdoak says, it won't work in the main desktop, i.e. gnome shell, as this uses mutter which is incompatible, you can only use it in fallback mode or Mate.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
bigseb

Post by bigseb »

remoulder wrote:
Then as wyrdoak says, it won't work in the main desktop, i.e. gnome shell, as this uses mutter which is incompatible, you can only use it in fallback mode or Mate.
I think I am using gnome. Too bad it work work, I liked a lot of the compiz candy... :(
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

bigseb wrote:
remoulder wrote:
I think I am using gnome. Too bad it work work, I liked a lot of the compiz candy... :(
Maybe sooner or latter someone will come up with shell extensions for mutter for similar eye candy.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”