Problem. First line blinking in Conky.

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NotFromBrooklyn

Problem. First line blinking in Conky.

Post by NotFromBrooklyn »

Hello, something strange is happening in my new conky installation (Linux Mint 11, Conky 1.8.0). The first text line is blinking, and the strange thing is that it's only the first line. My configuration is the standart /etc/conky/conky.conf copied into my user directory with some slight modifications. The "TEXT" part is plain text and an output from a text file (actually a to do list).

This is the configuration:

Code: Select all

alignment bottom_left
background true
border_width 1
default_color black
default_outline_color grey
default_shade_color white
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders yes
draw_outline no
draw_shades no
use_xft yes
xftfont DejaVu Sans Mono:size=10
gap_x -25
gap_y 40
minimum_size 10 10
double_buffer no
no_buffers yes
text_buffer_size 2048
out_to_console no
out_to_stderr no
extra_newline no
own_window no
stippled_borders 0
update_interval 3600
uppercase no
use_spacer none
show_graph_scale no
show_graph_range no
Does someone know what may be the problem ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmintnewb

Re: Problem. First line blinking in Conky.

Post by lmintnewb »

Don't quote me on this. In fact copy and paste your conky config into a backup file so you can restore it( copy/paste it back) if need be when making changes. At least sounds like a good idea.

Might want to change double_buffer no ... To yes. Your update interval looks a lil suspect to me. You can see below mines set to 1.0 yours is 3600 ? Summin else in there, your gap_x is set to -25 ? Just some possibilities to play with.

Good place to start anyway. Though am not the worlds foremost expert on conky. AT ALL ...You can always put it back the way it was ( with your backup ) whenever ya need to and try again. (edit) Better yet, here's a LM forum thread on the topic of all things conky, may check it out.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... t=sector11 Great place to get ideas, nobody cares if you borrow stuff or they wouldn't have posted the configs for people to look at.

Here's my conky to look over.

Code: Select all

background yes
use_xft yes
xftfont Orbitron:size=8
xftalpha 1
update_interval 1.0
total_run_times 0
own_window yes
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_type desktop
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
double_buffer yes
minimum_size 220 100
maximum_width 221
draw_shades yes
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders yes
default_color white
default_shade_color black
default_outline_color white
default_bar_size 77 3
alignment top_left
gap_x 40
gap_y 40
no_buffers yes
uppercase no
cpu_avg_samples 2
override_utf8_locale yes
NotFromBrooklyn

Re: Problem. First line blinking in Conky.

Post by NotFromBrooklyn »

Hi Imintnewb, thanks for your response. I realized that I expressed myself badly. The standart conky configuration also has the first line blinking, but I cannot discover whats the problem.

The update interval 3600 (1 hour) and the x aligment -25 are not present in the standart conf.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”