07/01/2007 newsletter

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

07/01/2007 newsletter

Post by Alephcat »

It has been a slightly less eventful than usual week possibly due to the New Year. Never the less it has still seen many developments with both the Mint distro and the forum.

mintDesktop has been updated to version 1.2 which adds automatic Windows network mounting and a graphical frontend for configuration as well as the extra folders and tutorials available in version 1.0.

mintDisk has been released and updated to version 1.1 which allows automatic mounting of windows FAT32 and NTFS partitions in read/write mode. Version 1.1 fixed a bug with FAT32 LBA partitions.

The forums themselves have had a reorganisation into a more logical layout and a few new sub-forums added.

mint3D has also seen development activity but has not yet achieved a stable release as only the part that does the hardware detection has been coded at the moment.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Good job you are doing Alephcat :D
Just an idea: it'd be interesting to develop (or choose) an own avatar for your newsletter.
It would give much more impact to your work, especially for new guests.
And I do not say that the British flag has no impact :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

thanks for that, if it was possible to have one for the news letter and another one elsewhere I would do, but short of creating another account I do not think that it is possible.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

I think in this case it is not a problem to create a special account. May be Clem has another idea for this.
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

mint3D has also seen development activity but has not yet achieved a stable release as only the part that does the hardware detection has been coded at the moment.
Alephcat,

What do mean with 3D? I run Beryl 3D like crazy, and have about 5 YouTube Postings.

I'm new to Linux Mint, but have some Linus credentials @ http://www.jjmacey.net.

Adler

Return to “Releases & Announcements”