Interesting survey results.

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Interesting survey results.

Post by exploder »

Many of you have probably seen the 2007 Desktop Linux Market survey. I thought I would post it for those that might have missed it.

http://www.desktoplinux.com/cgi-bin/sur ... 3200712407
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
molom

Re: Interesting survey results.

Post by molom »

Are these statistics more accurate than Distrowatch? :lol:
After looking at these stats, it looks like as if Linux Mint isn't very popular. I can't be bothered believing statistics anymore. Some are agreeable like Firefox and so on, but most are either debatable or just lies. Mint is the best and I'm sticking with it, I've convinced two people to switch and they've had switched and they have thanked me so much for telling them to switch to Mint, it shows its one of the best distros. Thanks for the link anyway, its still interesting though.

By the way, I think this should be under the Linux forum, not the random forum.

Cheers,
molom
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Interesting survey results.

Post by exploder »

The statistics are from people that actually took the survey. I am sure that there are more Mint user's than the survey reflects. The point of interest to me was the applications of choice. Mint uses Firefox and it was the preferred web browser and Thunderbird is also at the top and is the default e-mail client in Mint. Gnome rated highest in desktop environments and Mint's main edition is Gnome based. This demonstrates that LinuxMint is on the right track. 38500 user's participated in the survey.

This would be "Random" Anything Else" It is not Mint specific or any distribution specific. Just something I saw that looked interesting!

Return to “Open Chat”