Can daryna run on an amd board?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
McLovin

Re: Can daryna run on an amd board?

Post by McLovin »

Mint will run on whatever board and processor you like, however I would recommend a clean install so that all your hardware will be recognized properly, did you make a seperate home partition, or did only make 1 partition?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
McLovin

Re: Can daryna run on an amd board?

Post by McLovin »

If there are files that you want to save to save, back them up and do a fresh install to be sure you have no issues, as I stated before. When you do install this time around, make sure to set up a seperate home partition, this will make things much easier if you have to reinstall at some point for some reason, or you want to upgrade when Mint 5.0 comes out, just make sure that when you make your home partition you set-up your partition tables as follows
swap (logical) -usualy 1 gig is a good size for this so you have plenty room for if it's ever needed
/ (primary) -this is your root partition where all programs and main OS settings will be stored
/home (primary) -make sure that you put the "/" in front home so that it will be seen as the proper partition for your home directory
What I usualy do as a good rule of thumb, is split the space I am using for mint between the 2 patitions, this way there is enough room for apps that I want to install, and files and settings that I want to have available to me. I also use an external HDD for plain file storage, things like music and videos.
I hope this helps you in your venture into Mint, good luck and if you have any more questions just ask, we are very friendly and try to be as helpful as possible here.
Welcome to the Mint side.

Return to “Beginner Questions”