New to Mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

New to Mint

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself to you. My name is Mike and I am from Texas. I have just installed Linux Mint ( 4.0 ) for the first time and really like this distribution so far. A little background about me - I have been a developer for 26 years now, the last 12 years being on an IBM mainframe. I started fooling with Linux around 1997 or 98 with Mandrake 7 I believe it was. Finally, two years ago I blew windows away for good on my home machine. I have been running Debian up until today. For the sake of not bashing people, I will just say that their community needs some work, including the developers on downward. So for several weeks now I have been looking over other distributions and Mint seems to have very good reviews by most folks. So here I am.

Anyway, I hope this is the appropriate forum in which to make an introduction.

I look forward to meeting new folks and hopefully making some friends and contributions.

Mike
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Re: New to Mint

Post by belovedmonster »

Welcome Mike. We have a small knit community so I am sure you will enjoy it here.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Welcome to LinuxMint Mike! You will have a good experience in this forum, very nice group of people here.
molom

Post by molom »

Welcome Mike,
Its always nice to have another user, especially one that has removed Windows from their home computer. The mint community is one of the communities that I have found to be the most welcoming and co-operative and its not to cluttered like Ubuntu forums. I know you will fit in.

Cheers,
molom
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

(heavy breathing) Welcome to the green side, (more heavy breathing)
rcdeacon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rcdeacon »

Welcome Mike, it is good to have you and we look forward to your insight as you learn and experiment with Mint.
Neither is there in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12.
Dell Dimension 4600, 1g, Nvidia 5500, Mint 4.0, Mepis 7.0, XP
Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi, 1g, Sis 760, Mint 4.0

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”