Acer Aspire 5750 touchpad scrolling issues

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbtxk

Acer Aspire 5750 touchpad scrolling issues

Post by jbtxk »

Hi everybody, I'm new to linux mint (and linux in general) but so far I love it. I'm used to windows, though, so forgive me if I ask silly windows-people questions. So far I'm only having a few issues...

I have an Acer Aspire 5750-6589 laptop and the touchpad doesn't have all the functionality that it should.
The vertical and horizontal scrolling does not work; I have to left click on the (surprisingly well-hidden) scroll bars and then drag up or down using both hands... not real fun.
The touchpad works fine otherwise.

I searched a bit and tried the "gpointing-device-settings" package... didn't seem to have any effect. It seemed like the ones who used that had bigger issues, like the touchpad not working at all.

is it a driver issue? If so how would I fix that?
I also saw something about editing the "grub" file... I did that and then rebooted but still no change (although it DID solve my screen brightness control problem!)

Any ideas how to fix this?

EDIT: I'm running Linux Mint 11
linuxsudoer

Re: Acer Aspire 5750 touchpad scrolling issues

Post by linuxsudoer »

One thing you can do System Tools --> Prefremces --> Startup applications. Here you can add startup applications and can type in your command so it start on bootup. Also check synaptic package manager see if they have a synaptec touchpad utility you do not currently have. Hope this helps.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Acer Aspire 5750 touchpad scrolling issues

Post by xenopeek »

Replying to support requests older than 6 months isn't really helpful. Please follow the forum rules and don't do so :D

Locked.

Return to “Hardware Support”