Howto: Install the rest of OpenOffice 2.1

Write tutorials for Linux Mint here
More tutorials on https://github.com/orgs/linuxmint/discu ... /tutorials and (archive) on https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial
Forum rules
Don't add support questions to tutorials; start your own topic in the appropriate sub-forum instead. Before you post read forum rules
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Howto: Install the rest of OpenOffice 2.1

Post by clem »

Hi,

Bea only includes some element of OpenOffice 2.1 (Writer, Calc and Impress). If you want to get the rest of OpenOffice 2.1 (Draw, Base..etc) installed on your machine follow these steps:

- Open Firefox to download this file:
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/misc/openoffice/localized/finnish/stable/2.1.0/latest/OOo_2.1.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US_deb.tar.gz

- Once downloaded on your desktop, right click on it and choose "Extract Here".

- Once the extraction is finished, this creates a folder called DEBS. Right click on that folder and choose "Open in a Terminal".

- In the terminal that opens, type the following:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -i *
- Right click on the Applications menu and select "Edit Menus"

- In the left pane of the menu editor, choose "Office".

- In the right pane, deselect and reselect "Draw" and "Math".

Note: There's a bug in OpenOffice 2.1 that affects the wizard for OO_Base on Debian based systems. I don't have a fix for that yet.

Clem.
zerg
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zerg »

Hello,

If OpenOffice is in french on my laptop, can I use this for the rest. and wil it be also in french ?

Second question : ther's not Dbase with this ? Sorry, but my english isn't good and I'm not sure of what you explain about Dbase.

Thanks a lot,

Zerg
zerg
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zerg »

Ok, Thanks !

Zerg
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I'm afraid it won't be included in Bianca. However, some people mentioned the idea of having it in the repository and we're looking at it.

Clem

Return to “Tutorials”