Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rautatea

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by rautatea »

Here it s my desktop.. Gnome 3 and a very nice Conky ...

http://imgur.com/gGGCR

I hope the post is in right place ...I'm new on this forum, and I try to learn ... Thank you.

problem almost solve!!!
my desck2.jpg
Last edited by rautatea on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

@ rautatea

Great screenshot ... nice color schemes. (I had to adjust your links BBC Codes to make it show in this thread)

Love that wallpaper.

And yes, it is posted in the correct place. :)
swftech

Post by swftech »

Lol, I like how it's zoomed in to the "I don't do Windows" section. That is a nice, interesting Desktop!
rautatea

Post by rautatea »

Thank you , just one problem ...it s not all my desktop, in the new image , maybe you can fix it - somehow...Thank you [FIXED]

PS: if anybody is interested about my Conky or wallpaper , just leave me a PM message or post here.

Thank you
Last edited by rautatea on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swftech

Post by swftech »

Mint 12 Lisa with a conky and cairo-dock. Bottom panel and Mint Menu are turned off.

Image link to full screen http://i.minus.com/iXdSvEBdAA0n3.png

iTheMaster

Post by iTheMaster »

Leit wrote:
Thank you! When I saw the article I immediately got a flash in my head: Usability of LM12 + the beauty of gnome-shell + kde widgets on my desktop = love at first sight :D
I've now added the digital clock to the desktop. Digital clock widget, CWP widget, custom conky made by me on the bottom, carefully chosen wallpaper to fit them all... PERFECTION ! (in my eyes at least :P)

Looks great :D

Could you post your conkyrc file pls?
Here is the link for conky. There is no conkyrc file. You must copy all files (they are invisible) in your home folder and add .conky_start.sh to startup.
There is a .Conky/imgx folder (currently useless) that you can use if you want to add images at the start of each line (an +images version of this conky will be available soon, i'm working on it).
In .bin/conky you must edit the gmail.py file and add your email's username and password

Code: Select all

username="-->username<--"
password="-->password<--"
Example:

Code: Select all

username="myusername"
password="mypassword"
^keep the quotes

Good luck!
iTheMaster

Post by iTheMaster »

As promised I tuned my conky with images and this is how it looks (yes, it is Zorin OS 5.2, but it is conky we are talking about):

If you like it get it HERE. Instructions are in the post above.
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

Here is what I have been able to do with MATE:
Unfortunately, the windows list extension doesn't work for me (Not the mgse one, the actual gnome mate one). It says that it is there when I right click it, but no windows show up. It might be the transparency, but whenever I have to authenticate something, the "Starting Administrative..." appears in the list. I'm not sure why this is, but anyway:
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Mint 12 - so easy to make Gnome shell look nice.

exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I must say, I really enjoy seeing how people are customizing Mint 12! I love all of the different variations! Awesome work everyone! :)
Aethyr

Post by Aethyr »

This is my Lisa (Mint 12) Desktop. I'm running a minimal GNOME 3 session with Compiz, AWN on the top, Cairo on the bottom, and a really simple Conky. The reason for the double docks is that I migrated my old Cairo dock config from Mint 11 but it wasn't providing quite all that I needed. I installed AWN as well to fill the gap left by the loss of the GNOME 2 panel, but there are some apps that I like more in Cairo and some that I like more in AWN, so I left them both active. I'm slowly experimenting with the AWN versions of some apps (battery, media manager, sound control, etc. - I only used AWN once before so I'm not used to them) so that maybe I can eventually replace Cairo completely. Currently AWN exhibits some graphical glitches when put on the bottom of the screen, so that's another reason for retaining Cairo, as I want a top panel-bottom dock config. As for Conky, not much to see there, I'll start customising it after I get to a finalised desktop - for now, I only made a short 10 minutes worth of typing basic config that displays the info I need. No point in making it look pretty when I'm still experimenting.

Anyway, sorry for the blabber, here you go :lol:
swftech

Post by swftech »

Aethyr wrote:This is my Lisa (Mint 12) Desktop.
It's interesting to see all the different ways people customize Mint 12. I didn't realize you could still have fortune cookies in terminal in "Lisa". How did you turn on fortune cookies?
Aethyr

Post by Aethyr »

swftech wrote:
It's interesting to see all the different ways people customize Mint 12. I didn't realize you could still have fortune cookies in terminal in "Lisa". How did you turn on fortune cookies?
I used gconftool, it's under desktop->linuxmint. I think there was a post/thread on how to do it but it's probably buried now :mrgreen:
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

swftech wrote:
The easy way to do this in Mint 12 with Gnome 3 is -
Menu>Other>DesktopSettings>Terminal check the "Show Fortune Cookies" box
swftech

Post by swftech »

Oscar799 wrote:
swftech wrote:
The easy way to do this in Mint 12 with Gnome 3 is -
Menu>Other>DesktopSettings>Terminal check the "Show Fortune Cookies" box
Haha thanks, It's in the same place it's always been. I didn't realize it was still there in Mint 12. Thanks again!!
rautatea

Post by rautatea »

finaly i install lisa , mint 12 and a verry simple and nice conky...

Losgann

Post by Losgann »

Hey Bimsebasse, that is absolutely stunning. Would you be willing to share details of your setup there? E.g. which theme(s) are you using, and is that Docky on the left?
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Crunnluath wrote:Hey Bimsebasse, that is absolutely stunning. Would you be willing to share details of your setup there? E.g. which theme(s) are you using, and is that Docky on the left?
It's the new Zukini theme pack which can be downloaded here: http://lassekongo83.deviantart.com/art/Zukini-272660042

I only changed the wallpaper and the activities button (and some elements of the window theme, but that's not visible in the screenshot). It's AWN but you can probably get Docky to look the same.
rautatea

Post by rautatea »

finaly ... finish for this week , mint with all extension from gnome shell ubuntu and linux mint 12

http://imgur.com/tzcD7
http://imgur.com/Q3tiD
http://imgur.com/ZItuD
http://imgur.com/1JC1F

and maybe you want this extension so ... you have here...

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:webupd8team/gnome3

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install -y gnome-shell-extensions-alternate-tab gnome-shell-extensions-alternative-status-menu gnome-shell-extensions-user-theme gnome-tweak-tool gnome-shell-extensions-workspace-indicator gnome-shell-extensions-apps-menu gnome-shell-extensions-drive-menu gnome-shell-extensions-system-monitor gnome-shell-extensions-places-menu gnome-shell-extensions-dock gnome-shell-extensions-native-window-placement gnome-shell-extensions-gajim gnome-shell-extensions-xrandr-indicator gnome-shell-extensions-windows-navigator gnome-shell-extensions-auto-move-windows

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install -y gnome-shell-extensions-weather

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:aegirxx-googlemail/gnome-shell-extensions
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y gnome-shell-extension-updateindicator

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y gnome-shell-message-notifier

hope this help... :lol:

Return to “Screenshots”