A Wife-Friendly Linux OS at last!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dmed

A Wife-Friendly Linux OS at last!

Post by dmed »

I wanted to stop in and congratulate the Linux Mint team as you are the FIRST to provide a 'Wife-Friendly' Linux operating system. I have been trying to migrate my computers to Linux for some time now and had to keep a Windows machine around because the Linux OS's were not as user friendly with computer novices (this is partly my fault from being too inexperienced to set up everything a bit better, I am sure). But when I put the new Mint on, the OS came right up, videos play without problems, music plays, so far all is well at my house and it looks like I may be free of Windows at last. In short, I am congratulating the developers for making a Linux OS that you can install and have come right up ready to go. So far, none of the others I have tried have been able to do this (And I want to add here I have nowhere near tried them all).
I have said for some time that Linux will not truly make strides against Windows unless it becomes 'Wife Friendly'. Mint seems to finally have done that.
Great job, guys! Now, let's go out to the world and tell them how easy it will be to leave Windows!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: A Wife-Friendly Linux OS at last!

Post by Husse »

A Wife-Friendly Linux OS
This is not politically correct :)
A spouse friendly sounds better
I'm both joking and serious
molom

Post by molom »

dmed wrote:I wanted to stop in and congratulate the Linux Mint team as you are the FIRST to provide a 'Wife-Friendly' Linux operating system. I have been trying to migrate my computers to Linux for some time now and had to keep a Windows machine around because the Linux OS's were not as user friendly with computer novices (this is partly my fault from being too inexperienced to set up everything a bit better, I am sure). But when I put the new Mint on, the OS came right up, videos play without problems, music plays, so far all is well at my house and it looks like I may be free of Windows at last. In short, I am congratulating the developers for making a Linux OS that you can install and have come right up ready to go. So far, none of the others I have tried have been able to do this (And I want to add here I have nowhere near tried them all).
I have said for some time that Linux will not truly make strides against Windows unless it becomes 'Wife Friendly'. Mint seems to finally have done that.
Great job, guys! Now, let's go out to the world and tell them how easy it will be to leave Windows!
I congratulate you for changing your OS from Windows to Linux Mint, but did you change the Daryna button text to 'Start' ;).
molom

Post by molom »

ricky wrote:hahahahahahahaha i love the title.
It is funny isn't it :lol: . I placed the title myself and the font with inkscape. I don't know how to use GIMP :roll: .
Well at least it looks nice, I really like the font :D

Cheers,
molom
kathcris

Post by kathcris »

what the author didn't realize was that the term "wife-friendly" or "user-friendly" is a myth...:)
Husse

Post by Husse »

Not quite - you could say less unfriendly if you like

And molom your second post above does not make sense to me...
Referring to something else - like your nice artwork?
molom

Post by molom »

Husse wrote:Not quite - you could say less unfriendly if you like

And molom your second post above does not make sense to me...
Referring to something else - like your nice artwork?
I think Ricky was talking about the forum title bar that I have as my signature that says 'Mint17 Art Manager', so I referred to that.

Ohhh!!! Now I understand... He was talking about the wife-friendly title. Oh well :roll:

Cheers ;)
molom

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”