NO cinelerra...

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
civint
Level 3
Level 3

NO cinelerra...

Post by civint »

Ok, I got myself a nice new video camera for christmas, but all I can find to do editing with in the repos is kino. thats ok as long as I don't want to do anything REALLY interesting with the video, like overlaying two video tracks, or whatever. SO i figured cinelerra would be a good place to start, but it's not in the repos. I tried adding the repo suggested in the forums (I did a search on this forum, and the ubuntu forums...they came up with the same one that came up on the cinelerra community fork website) and it says that it's broken..has anyone else had any success here?

I'm going to try jahshaker, which might work, since it's gone user freindly and has a shell script to add the repo pages to sources.list, which might me nice. If synaptic will decide that it exists, has apps in it, and works.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: NO cinelerra...

Post by Husse »

catweazle
Level 2
Level 2

Re: NO cinelerra...

Post by catweazle »

I fully agree : cinelerra is a great app with more possibilities than kino (and also kdenlive, ...)
I have compiled cinelerra myself to have it with openGL enabled.
This is the way I have done it :

Dependencies to be met before compiling cinelerra

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install build-essential automake1.7 libtool xorg-dev libasound2-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libtheora-dev libopenexr-dev libdv4-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg62-dev uuid-dev libmjpegtools-dev liba52-dev liblame-dev libsndfile1-dev libfaac-dev libfaad2-dev fftw3-dev libraw1394-dev libavc1394-dev libiec61883-dev libtiff4-dev subversion checkinstall yasm nasm libarts1-mpeglib libmpeg-dev libmpeg1 libmpeg2-4-dev libmpeg3-1 libmpeg3-dev x264
Compiling and installing Cinelerra

Get the latest revision of Cinelerra:

svn checkout svn://svn.skolelinux.org/cinelerra/trunk/hvirtual
cd into the hvirtual folder that was created when downloading to latest revision and edit the autogen.sh file with gedit:

gedit autogen.sh
find this

# export AUTOMAKE=/usr/bin/automake-1.7
# export ACLOCAL=/usr/bin/aclocal-1.7
and remove the hashes (#) in front of both lines, and save the file.
Now we are going to compile Cinelerra. cd to the hvirtual directory and execute the following commands:

./configure
make
sudo make install
Read carefully the output of the comfigure instruction to check eventual remaining unmet dependencies.
ESD sound is not required.

During make I had to install "nasm" to overcome this error :
.libs/fdct_mmx.o: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [libmpeg2enc.la] Error 1
The following errors occurred:
void MWindow::init_shm0: WARNING:/proc/sys/kernel/shmmax is 0x2000000, which is too low.
Before running Cinelerra do the following as root:
echo "0x7ffffff">/proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
For a permanent change, add to the `/etc/sysctl.conf' file the following line:
kernel/shmmax=0x7fffffff

For the first time, to avoid restarting your computer, use the following command as root:
sysctl -p

Compilation stopped with error. I had to do :

touch po/de.gmo
touch po/es.gmo
touch po/sl.gmo
touch po/fr.gmo 
touch po/it.gmo
touch po/pt_BR.gmo
touch po/eu.gmo
And then restart compilation.

Return to “Sound”