No sound through headphones in Mint 12 32bit

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
z06gal

No sound through headphones in Mint 12 32bit

Post by z06gal »

The sound from my speakers is fine but nothing through the headphones. It worked great in Mint 11 so I don't know if it's a bug or something I haven't installed. Thanks for any input :D

Robin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
beachgardener
Level 3
Level 3

Re: No sound through headphones in Mint 12 32bit

Post by beachgardener »

will this bug be fixed at all? :)
it is stopping me from using mint 12 altogether, i have no sound through headphone from asus stx soundcard, i choose the headphone in the sound properties, but it won't stick, reverts to speakers all the time, if i can't listen to music i can't use this version of mint :(
Linux Mint 20.0 Cinnamon - 64bit
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

Mine works but this is what I have to do = plug my headphones in>open volume settings>click on output>change analog headphones to analog speakers. When you unplug your headphones and then plug them back in, it will change back to headphones so you'll have to change it back to speakers but since the volume icon is on the panel, it is simple enough. I'm sure it will be worked out at some point but I can do it manually until it is :wink:

Robin
beachgardener
Level 3
Level 3

Post by beachgardener »

thanks for that, i will have another go with it. meanwhile lets hope that it gets fixed :)
Pikolas

Post by Pikolas »

Just for the record, I am having this problem as well.

Any updates on this?
eric_goulet

Post by eric_goulet »

I am running Mint 12 54bit on a Dell laptop and experience exactly what z06gal describes.
mister_risper

Post by mister_risper »

I am using Mint 12 on a MSI Wind u123 netbook, and I am having this problem.
kgs_mvs

Post by kgs_mvs »

My problem is the exact opposite. After I reboot my system, I get no sound whatsoever from the speakers on the VAIO VGN-AW50DB-H. However, if I plug in a pair of headphones, I get sound from the headphones. If I then remove the headphones from the jack, the speakers start working. It's been a long time since I had to resort to a manual, analog workaround like this. The weird thing is that the speakers worked just fine when I boot using the LiveDVD image.
beachgardener
Level 3
Level 3

Post by beachgardener »

installed Maya rc 64bit and no worries all fixed, i'm back on mint with headphones, cheers thank you all :lol:

Return to “Sound”