[SOLVED] Mint 11 - shutdown button problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] Mint 11 - shutdown button problem

Post by lahirdenganselamat »

It's happen on my Katya too. I'm using
Katya 32bit kernel 2.6.38-12-generic
ASUS 1215B AMD E-350
Radeon 6310 with ati catalyst 11.10.
It just happen, not after update (mean I'm not update anything from a week before). Been googling it and still got confuse.. It's annoying to type "sudo halt" everytime I want to shutdown my laptop (not always but very often)
Not only mintMenu have a broken shutdown button, but also gnome main menu, menu bar, and GnoMenu. Hope anyone can help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: mintMenu and Co. broken

Post by Oscar799 »

Split from a 3 and a half year old thread - please don't necrobump
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint 11 - shutdown button problem

Sorry, I'm just try to search first before posting, I refer to viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83444, but I'm not aware of the "Do not resurrect support threads older than 6 months, outdated information can cause issues with newer releases." :D

to add my first post, the unusable shutdown button was mintMenu, GnoMenu, menubar, gnome main menu, AND shutdown button on panel.
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

Another my "asking post" get unanswered :(

here the most recent report:
finally I can get used to it. haha...kind of sad though..
but there is something I want to report:
When this problem happen, restarting the panel using

Code: Select all

killall gnome-panel
not solved the problem. but running

Code: Select all

gnome-panel --replace
will make the shutdown/logout button works

Don't know why, but I really hope someone can help me/give me explanation about this
lmintnewb

Post by lmintnewb »

Yeah don't necrobump !!! Hmmm ... would make a great name for a band. I CALL DIBS n thought of it first ! Don't make me sue you ! Errrr ... *adds necrobump to hiz list of new favorite wordz. :D

Mainly just posting some comic relief. Honestly have no experience with amd chipsets, video driver related issues ... etc n Nix. Would try to help if I could. But honestly wouldn't know where to begin. If I happen to stumble upon anything that looks useful to gnu/nixers or LM's community on the topic. Will likely post it.

Dunno ... but think I'd try something like what you did to start. Marking likely packages for reinstall or some other stuff along those lines. Mentioned don't know much about it. So going to leave it at this. Good luck though.
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

I think it's solved now, (because I've get used to it). And based on all of my experiment, I think the problem was the same as general gnome2.x-panel bugs. Thanks Oscar799 and lmintnewb for the reply. :D
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [SOLVED] Mint 11 - shutdown button problem

Update : it's caused by libre/openoffice quickstart. If we disable it, the system back to normal again. :D (the bug still exist on libre 3.5.0)

Return to “Software & Applications”