Hi to all
Thank you all for your supports and messages. I am very surprised to see the interest you have shown to this project, even if it is not very visible here. I recall that it makes no part of an officiel development project .
Given the situation, I provide a new link to the development of the Beta. This new release has evolved somewhat since I was very careful to consider your comments, even if it is not possible to satisfy everyone, and that wasn't the first objective...
Warning, this is a pre-release, even if it is usable.
The most important changes:
- The design of the A, a(italic), V, W, m, n, v, w. Ligatures, ffj fj, ffi, fi. These changes are intended to improve the lissibilité.
- Support for Central and Eastern Europe, Turkey and a few additions like Q.alt
- Dnun, num, sup, inf and old style
- OpenType support is not complete, waiting for that final version to insert all the elements contained into fonts and avoid unnecessary work.
From your posts, I also used for the next development:
- Typographic ornaments "mint leaves". I think that the idea is very original and it should not be a problem to do.
- Additional liga: fb, ch etc...
- Additional support for African
Note 1 : Greek and Cyrillic will be inserted after the RC
Note 2: For those who asked about the .asc file : it's a public signature detached, inserted in fonts.
Link to the pre-release : http://arkandis.tuxfamily.org/fonts/MintSpirit-PV.zip