LMDE 201109 Install ok, but NOT booting Aspire5315

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
oliverhr

LMDE 201109 Install ok, but NOT booting Aspire5315

Post by oliverhr »

Hello everybody Im new to LMDE, I want to try LMDE because the strong flavor o debian.

But I got a problem:
I boot ok with liveDVD (gnome) all run very very well, then click on install and everything run ok. But after reboot the pc this wont boot, I reinstall LMDE several times and the same thing results, even I install openSuse, installation and boot work's fine but not with LMDE.

After trying to fix MBR and bootloader with another distro liveCD accidentally I press the option "Boot from hard Drive" and LMDE run and the grub screen appears, I can login and everything else but after reboot again the problem still there.

Any ideas, how to fix this issue?.

thank you in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oliverhr

Re: LMDE 201109 Install ok, but NOT booting Aspire5315

Post by oliverhr »

I try installing grub on SDA, SDA1, SDA2 (on different installs) but the same result, LMDE never install GRUB on MBR.

I had to go back and install the old and always reliable Debian, but I'll keep trying to install LMDE, since I want to try this debian flavor.
oliverhr

Post by oliverhr »

I try again to install LMDE but the same result as before, even I tried with a lot of combinations of file system, ext2, ext3, ext4 for a boot partition,

As I say Never recognize boot sector, but if a Put a liveCD and select boot from hard drive LMDE run perfectly.

Its kinda weird, because I tried to install with the same disk on other computer on a virtualbox and everything run smooth.

Please post some Ideas.
BadFinger

Post by BadFinger »

You might want to try this >>
http://sourceforge.net/p/boot-repair/home/Home/

Just make sure that you pick either 32/64 bit, depending on what you already have,
you must make the proper choice, or it will not work.
spandey

Post by spandey »

Can you please boot with LMDE Livecd and run Gparted and post the output here in forum!!!

Return to “LMDE Archive”