[SOLVED] LMDE missing packages

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Darcy

[SOLVED] LMDE missing packages

Post by Darcy »

I installed the latest LMDE in virtualbox to test.
I decided I liked it and tried to install on my system. It installed fine but the update process failed with a message about missing packages (neuveau/*) and suggested that I did not have the correct repos set up.

How could the same DVD install find the repos in virtualbox but not as a real install?

The message also stated that the missing packages were firmware updates.
Does this mean I have hardware issues?

I have only been able to find sparse and conflicting posts about this issue, any help is greatly appreciated. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: LMDE missing packages

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
gn2

Post by gn2 »

Darcy wrote:How could the same DVD install find the repos in virtualbox but not as a real install?
Some things to think about:

Is your real installation succesfully connected to the internet?
VB uses the host's already working internet connection, so is almost guaranted to connect.
A real installation may not be able to use the real hardware if drivers are not available.

Have some packages downloaded but not others?
Could be that some of the repositories are offline, this happens from time to time.
Have you tried switching them to another location?
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I never thought of trying a different repo site, but I installed LMDE in a new virtual box again and it still worked and yes my internet connection is working fine.
I'm going to be trying the install again to see if I missed any other error messages.
Hopefully I'll post back very soon.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I found out that neuveau/* files are the new driver files for Nvidia. They did not install this time either, the message says to add repos that are already being used, so who knows.
Unlike the last attempt the install continued and sucessfully completed -- minus the Neuveau driver.

If the Neuveau install fails just continue the install and get the 290 driver from Nvidia's website-if needed that is.

Return to “LMDE Archive”