How To Run Compiz On Linux Mint 12

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
podagee

Re: How To Run Compiz On Linux Mint 12

Post by podagee »

your welcome but i still dont understand why it doesnt work directly for you as it has me.the only bug ive come across while using cairo for compiz is while using cube,globe,or cylinder....holding ctrl+alt+-> or -< it has a flash of the previous window open.as you can see in the video i posted no black bars.
well i hope it works out for you and everyone else who is experiencing problems.
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

Not sure unless it has to do with my specs as you mentioned. I have found a number of threads posted in the past week on both ubuntu and debian forums with this very issue. I have no max/minimize buttons or anything. I can't click off of anything like terminal or synaptic or whatever I open. I have to log out and log back in to clear it. Compiz is checked but not running so it is all metacity. That is why my settings keep clearing in compiz settings manager I am assuming. The black box covers a third of the page. I logged into classic and it was the same way. I thought it worked but it did not. Black box is still there in cairo dock without effects as well and I have not buttons. I'm staying with gnome shell until it is worked out. I could downgrade metacity but too much is uninstalled with it so it isn't worth it. That is what they are doing on the ubuntu forums
podagee

Post by podagee »

as ive said and as youve seen in my short vid.it worked perfectly in my mint 12.it also runs the same in my ubuntu 11.10.
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

Podagee,

I decided to do a fresh install and everything is working great :D I have no clue what the issue was but it works now. I wanted to ask you what did you have activated in your video? Thanks! :wink:
podagee

Post by podagee »

i activated cube,rotate cube, animation add-ons,expo,deformation,just the basics.
and remember dont use the composite manager that is in cairo-dock,use the one that is in compiz.the one that comes with cairo will break your desktop and you'll be with the black box again
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

podagee wrote:i activated cube,rotate cube, animation add-ons,expo,deformation,just the basics.
and remember dont use the composite manager that is in cairo-dock,use the one that is in compiz.the one that comes with cairo will break your desktop and you'll be with the black box again

You bet I haven't forgotten that one Podagee...lol I don't even have it on my dock for that very reason. Thanks :wink:

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”