Unable to install k9copy on LMDE 201109

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
fobiss

Unable to install k9copy on LMDE 201109

Post by fobiss »

Hi, I've just turned from Ubuntu to LMDE and I have the following problem. I want to install k9copy (it worked fine on Ubuntu) but when I try to select it form synaptic I get the following message:

Code: Select all

Could not mark all packages for installation or upgrade

The following packages have unresolvable dependencies. make sure that all required repositories are added and enabled in the preferences.

k9copy:
 Depends: libxine1 but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: mencoder but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: ffmpeg but it is not going to be installed
How can I resolve this? Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Unable to install k9copy on LMDE 201109

Post by zerozero »

hi,
- is your system fully updated with

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- are your repos according with this http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=82346
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

I decided to check this out myself on my new Mint Debian (64 bit spin 201109).

With my repositories lined up per the attached link above and immediately after:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get clean
While attempting to install k9copy via synaptic, it spit the same warnings cited by the op

While in synaptic, I tried to install each of the above packages and they were red-flagged on the attempt (would not install).

My wild guess is that one of the key core kde packages is not building correctly as I have seen other kde app problems with the Mint Debian build (i.e. krusader will install but cannot be associated into the menu system or run from the command line). Something is amiss.. :|

-DataMan
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

DataMan,
it is very possible that when the snapshot for UP3 was taken some deps were not met (actually we have one good example of that- foomatic-db-engine doesn't update with UP3)
that's the "problem" with testing: it moves so fast that is difficult to take a nice photo of it :lol:
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

Sorry I didn't post back. Did a subsequent re-install and aligned the repositories properly to spin 201109. K9Copy and other kde apps installed properly.

Now if we can only get the repository servers past 35kbs all will really be happy :lol: .

Thanks,

-DataMan

Return to “LMDE Archive”