The Mint Café

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

The Mint Café

Post by npap »

ImageWelcome to the gossip and educational Channel

Hello fellow Minties!
Note: Rummies excluded.

How about getting away from humdrum and nerve racking work, once in a while.
This is what The Mint Café is all about. It's a place for a refreshing virtual Mint cocktail and relaxation.
With the Administrator's permission (Please let us know of any objections) any one of us Minties may visit here and have a good chat about trivial things.

I believe life is too short to waste our time thinking too seriously about it :)

So, keep your anonymity mask on and feel free to speak about your trivial paraphernalia.
But please, all in a sense of healthy and decent humor. :wink:
r
For those of you who have no idea what this is all about:

(example) Some newbie asked "what is Nautilus"
So Scorp123 showed us a beautiful picture of it :o It was a creature in the sea floor that looks like a snail but has tentacles like an Octopus.
He was joking of course. He also warned: " Don't ever install this on your desktop! # It's fortunate that Nautilus, the browser, is not as slow. :)
I added that captain Nemo in Jules Verne's '20000 leagues under the Sea' named his submarine after Nautilus.
Clem, with his usual sharp humor, corrected me as to the title of the novel. He said, quote: "20000 Leaks Under the Sea"
Well anyway, I could not figure out how captain Nemo could manage to plug up 20000 leaks and save his submarine from disaster :lol:

So, this is what virtual reality is all about. And all of you gamers out there should get a kick out of it.
BTW, (gossip) Clem, a renowned and very creative gentleman, is also the father of the 'République Démocratique d'Ydémos' , a virtual micronation that is only in French, unfortunately. http://ydemos.com/forum/

So enough gossip for today. We hope you will join us at the virtual lounge for a refreshing Mint cocktail.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 14 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

The Mint Café

Post by npap »

Hello Pghjake, Welcome aboard :) Thank you for your recipe.
pghjake wrote:Ingredients
Scale ingredients to servings

4 fresh mint sprigs
2 1/2 oz bourbon whiskey
1 tsp powdered sugar
2 tsp water

Muddle mint leaves, powdered sugar, and water in a collins glass. Fill the glass with shaved or crushed ice and add bourbon. Top with more ice and garnish with a mint sprig. Serve with a straw.

Yum!
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Hi,
I would like to hang out in the cafe, but I am afraid I'm being pursued by some angry Frenchmen after my joke about terrorism levels yesterday. I must lay low or put on a disguise. Actually, I am part French and love the French culture (I am even more French after that bottle of Bordeaux last night!). By the way, that mint drink looks awfully strong!

You will recognize me by my disguise:
npap
Level 6
Level 6

The Mint Café

Post by npap »

Bon soir Mr. Kenetίques,

Je nes peu pas recognize vous, ma vous appear familiiár :)
Est vous Mr. Holmes ?
Last edited by npap on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

J
e nes peu pas recognize vous, ma vous appear familiiár Smile
Est vous Mr. Holmes ?
Inspector Clouseau!
npap
Level 6
Level 6

The Mint Café

Post by npap »

Bon soir Inspecteur Clouseau!
Mon goodnéss, Monsieur Clouseau :o

I have paid all my bills and I don't owe any taxes :? Who would want to check up on me?
Anyway Monsieur L'Inspecteur, if your excellency is here on a visite sociále,
let us have a Mint cocktail and hear your account of your latest adventúre in le underworld :)
I have been sitting in the lounge all alone, sipping on one cocktail after another.
Let us hope that more people will join us in the near future.

Unfortunately, I don't have any Bordeaux left in the bar, but some crazy Greek brought a bottle of 'Ouzo or Bazouko' or something like that yesterday. He claims it to be his national beverage. His name is Portocalos (Greek for oranges), by the way, and says he had a restaurant in Tampa Bay once :o Do you perchance happen to have met the idiot?
I asked him to get us a bottle or two of Ambrosia the next time he visits us.

Let's hope he'll keep his promise.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

I know all about you Greeks as I live near Tarpon Springs, a Greek fishing village. At least half the population have Greek names and it is a nice place for tourists. The old sponge docks are now full of shops, aquariums and Greek restaurants. They (pass me another mint drink, please) no longer get sponges but still take tourists out to show them how it was done. Louis Pappas was a famous Greek restaurant for years, but they sold it a few years back

You must have spent some time in the states, npap, as your English sounds too American. Wow, those mint drinks - julips we call 'em - are beginning to sneak up on me as everything is starting to look green...

French Art: Monet + Manet = Money
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Last edited by npap on Tue May 01, 2007 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Actually, I am part French
Nobody's perfect :)
(I'm 75% French myself)

Clem,
and 25% American.. would you believe. :)
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Last edited by npap on Tue May 01, 2007 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Good morning! (or good afternoon for our European friends). I'm here for an "eye opener". Since you are out of mint, do you suppose our Russian friends may have some Stolichnaya to spare?

I checked out Clem's Ydean calendar but could not understand it. Since it is a pdf file google couldn't translate it. I hope he didn't make the same mistake as French revolutionary calendar - long work weeks and month names that don't work with other climates! Btw Clem, how are the taxes in Ydemos, and do you have extradition with the US? :wink:

I'm using the live CD this morning as Mint crashed on me. It did a forced check of the mounted partition and booted up with no menus. Going to install 2.2 beta when it comes out. In the meantime off to do some research on the problem...
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Last edited by npap on Thu May 03, 2007 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

:)

It's one of the flaws of our economical simulation.. the cost of living and the cost of things stays the same (although the cost of things is indexed on the Euro so there is a bit of inflation) and they're not related with how much money is present in the system.. :)

I suppose it's only a "best-effort" simulation after all. The purpose is for it to be fun to play with, more than to be realistic.

Clem
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Last edited by npap on Thu May 03, 2007 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

"Patience is the mother of all virtues" Who said that?
npap, on a Thursday morning at 11:51 am !! :lol:
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

J
Last edited by npap on Thu May 03, 2007 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

BEA is already beginning to show signs of jealousy
I can't believe you're still hanging out with her :)
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Wow, was just now able to access the site. (Mr. Gates didn't copyright Wow did he?) Traffic must be really heavy. Clem should have a private mirror for us posters. Knowing Clem, it would most likely be a 2-way mirror. :lol: He probably has the programming capability! I guess I'll wait to download Bianca until the heat is off. Where are the Russians with their Stoli? I need one.

Advice to thin people: Don't eat fast.
Advice to fat people: Don't eat, fast.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Last edited by npap on Tue May 01, 2007 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Open Chat”