Iceweasel - currency change

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Iceweasel - currency change

Post by tenfoot »

Have been using Iceweasel ever since I installed LMDE and it has worked flawlessly until yesterday.

I live in New Zealand and my timezone is shown appropriately and my currency is $NZD.

Until yesterday, when I accessed my bank for internet banking, the amount I entered was shown correctly, e.g. $200.00 was shown as $200.00. Now it is shown as NZD299.00. So somewhere a conversion is going on. This happens for any site I access where a currency value is shown. The same thing happens when I access sites through Firefox but not now I am using Chrome.

I have searched the preferences in both Iceweasel and Firefox and uninstalled extensions and add-ons but the problem remains.

Is anyone able to suggest what is causing this, please?

I am not averse to making Chrome my default browser but would prefer IceWeasel, if possible.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Arran

Re: Iceweasel - currency change

Post by Arran »

Could that be a Java problem?
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

Arran wrote:Could that be a Java problem?

I have no idea. I do have sun-java6-jre installed.
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Iceweasel - currency change (SOLVED)

Post by tenfoot »

I have now marked this issue as solved, even though I have no idea why things went awry :lol:

Despite uninstaling and then re installing both IceWeasel and Firefox through the Package Manager, the error I was seeing remained. I used a currency converter and laboriously went through each foreign equivalent to try and determine which currency was equivalent to the NZD amount I was seeing but nothing seemed to "gel".

In the end I uninstaled both Iceweasel and Firefox again and manually deleted the .mozilla configuration file and then installed both from the Software Manager, and copied a backup .mozilla from 27.12.2011. It worked and I am delighted.

So, what caused the error in the first place? I still have no idea.
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

Oops :oops: I spoke to soon. Had to do a re-boot and on launching Iceweasel found that I was back to the NZD in front of all figures shown in the browser.

This has got me beat :? Has anyone a clue why this is happening, please?

In the meantime, it's back to Chromium, which works as expected.

Return to “LMDE Archive”