How to enable Compiz Grid on Linux Mint 12

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bk9sw

How to enable Compiz Grid on Linux Mint 12

Post by bk9sw »

Hi everyone, I just installed Mint 12 and really love it. Everything works ok except the Compiz. I cannot enable Compiz effect on default Gnome, especially Grid function to split windows in Compiz. I need some help, thanks all :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: How to enable Compiz Grid on Linux Mint 12

Post by remoulder »

Compiz is not compatible with gnome-shell, you can only use it in fallback mode or in MATE.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
bk9sw

Post by bk9sw »

remoulder wrote:Compiz is not compatible with gnome-shell, you can only use it in fallback mode or in MATE.
Thanks remoulder but I just need the grid function on Gnome Shell, are there any ways to have grid function without Compiz? :D. Thanks you again!
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

You'll need to look for a gnome shell extension such as those at https://extensions.gnome.org/
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”