"Open in Terminal" option in LMDE Xcfe stopped working

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
wb53tx

"Open in Terminal" option in LMDE Xcfe stopped working

Post by wb53tx »

All of a sudden the "Open in Terminal" command stopped working and I'm so frustrated I'm about to do a complete re-install to fix it!

If I right click on the LMDE Desktop I have an option to "Open in Terminal" which when selected should open a terminal, used to open a terminal, but no longer opens a terminal window.

Similarly, if I am in the file browser and right click on an empty space between icons I have an option to "Open in terminal" which used to do just that, but now does not.

Solutions?

If I reinstall, I'm going with LMDE Gnome this time around.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: "Open in Terminal" option in LMDE Xcfe stopped working

Post by altair4 »

This may sound silly but run the same command that the Thunar custom action runs in a terminal and see if it brings up another terminal or gives you an error message:

Code: Select all

exo-open --working-directory /etc --launch TerminalEmulator
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
wb53tx

Re: "Open in Terminal" option in LMDE Xcfe stopped working

Post by wb53tx »

UPDATE - I just went ahead with the re-install. This time I'm running LMDE Gnome, although I would still like a solution to the above problem, as it's not the first time this has happened to me.

Return to “LMDE Archive”