How to resize bottom bar in Cinnamon

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
206airmail

How to resize bottom bar in Cinnamon

Post by 206airmail »

I was wondering if it was possible to resize the bottom bar in Cinnamon, my eyes are not the greatest so a bigger bar would be nice. Anybody know of a way?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
z06gal

Re: How to resize bottom bar in Cinnamon

Post by z06gal »

I increased mine from 24 to 30 by navigating to /usr/share/cinnamon/theme/cinnamon.css and scrolling down to panel info [can't remember for sure what line it is but I think it is something like 556]. You can change font size and panel size there. After you make your changes, click on "save" and exit. To see the changes, I hit alt+f2 > r then hit enter. I agree that 24 is a bit too small for panel size :wink:
206airmail

Post by 206airmail »

Well, that worked, other then it pushed the bar down so it really did not help any (there is still only 25 px of the bar showing, any thoughts?
amnesix

Post by amnesix »

Thank you ! Excellent !
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

206airmail wrote:Well, that worked, other then it pushed the bar down so it really did not help any (there is still only 25 px of the bar showing, any thoughts?

I failed to tell you that you have to run either the default theme or elaganse. If I try any of the shell themes I have installed, I get what you have. I am using the eleganse theme specifically made for cinnamon and it works perfectly. I found it on gnome-look.org :wink:

Return to “Software & Applications”