enlightenment installation error, and svn error

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
vak278

enlightenment installation error, and svn error

Post by vak278 »

I am trying to install Enlightenment without using the repos. I have been successful in everything, although it took me 2 days, right up to the compilation. ./configure appears to work fine, and a few minutes into the "make" command I get the following error. I've looked for a solution everywhere on Google, and have been unsuccessful.

Making all in conf_randr
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/vaughn/Downloads/enlightenment-0.16.999.65643/src/modules/conf_randr'
CC e_mod_main.lo
CC e_int_config_randr_orientation.lo
CC e_int_config_randr_resolutions.lo
CC e_int_config_randr_arrangement.lo
CC e_int_config_randr_policies.lo
CC e_int_config_randr.lo
CCLD module.la
/usr/local/bin/edje_cc -v -id ../../../src/modules/conf_randr/images -DLOWRES_PDA=1 -DMEDIUMRES_PDA=2 -DHIRES_PDA=3 -DSLOW_PC=4 -DMEDIUM_PC=5 -DFAST_PC=6 -DE17_PROFILE=SLOW_PC \
../../../src/modules/conf_randr/e-module-conf_randr.edc \
../../../src/modules/conf_randr/e-module-conf_randr.edj
/usr/local/bin/edje_cc: Wrote 303 bytes ( 0Kb) for "edje_file" header
sh: /usr/local/lib/evas/utils/evas_image_loader.png: not found
/usr/local/bin/edje_cc: Error. Unable to load image "icon.png" used by file "../../../src/modules/conf_randr/e-module-conf_randr.edj": File (or file path) does not exist. Check if path to file "icon.png" is correct (both directory and file name).
make[4]: *** [e-module-conf_randr.edj] Error 255
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/vaughn/Downloads/enlightenment-0.16.999.65643/src/modules/conf_randr'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/vaughn/Downloads/enlightenment-0.16.999.65643/src/modules'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/vaughn/Downloads/enlightenment-0.16.999.65643/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vaughn/Downloads/enlightenment-0.16.999.65643'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have been trying sasy-e17.sh due to the following error when i try to use "svn". I get this error every time I type any command containing "svn".

/usr/bin/svn: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libneon-gnutls.so.27)
/usr/bin/svn: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libneon-gnutls.so.27)

Again, all attempts to find a solution on Google have yielded no solution. I have about 4 months experience using Linux. I am using LinuxMint Debian Edition.

Thanks for reading the long post... I am at my wits end, and would appreciate any help available. Thanks Again. VK.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: enlightenment installation error, and svn error

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
secipolla

Post by secipolla »

I've installed it once with easy_e17.sh in Debian (not LMDE) and it was very simple (just has to have all the needed dependencies).
It was probably some months to a year ago.
I know it doesn't help but just a heads-up that that script usually works fine. It may really be some problem with subversion you're having.
whirly

Post by whirly »

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... ce-on.html
i did this today
some of the required files are part of bigger packages
it installed
but i'm a noob and can't figure out how to get it running
i got as far as a gdm3 entry to go with the others but when i pick it i get a quick flash of the logo then back to gdm3
it didn't hurt my other desktops
i know it's all there....

you're missing something like jpeglib.h and libxrander dev and something that gets svn
it's all at the link ---mostly
one issue--i've been taught to play in sid/unstable places and have gnome shell 3.2 so maybe you have something too old
secipolla

Post by secipolla »

whirly wrote:http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... ce-on.html
i did this today
some of the required files are part of bigger packages
it installed
but i'm a noob and can't figure out how to get it running
i got as far as a gdm3 entry to go with the others but when i pick it i get a quick flash of the logo then back to gdm3
it didn't hurt my other desktops
i know it's all there....

you're missing something like jpeglib.h and libxrander dev and something that gets svn
it's all at the link ---mostly
one issue--i've been taught to play in sid/unstable places and have gnome shell 3.2 so maybe you have something too old
What does your ~/.xsession-errors say? It may give some clue.
(after being taken back to gdm3, go to the console and look at the file)

Regarding the dependencies, I probably just used the ones from Debian (apt-get build-dep e17) but I don't really remember for sure.
whirly

Post by whirly »

didn't work out well
xsessions gives no hints
because of the script i don't own the files so they are 'impossible' to delete
i think after the install when you move the whole thing to where it should work is an incorrect command for debian

cp /opt/e17/share/xsessions/enlightenment.desktop /usr/share/xsessions/enlightenment.desktop

puts an icon in usr/share/xsessions while the others all have what looks like a sheet of paper, with a click giving no access, while the e icon loads a splash screen

there are lots of wierd changes on my system from sid like ld.so. something and btrfs and sysvinit--I don't really KNOW what they do, other than file action but i think it redirects my init.d or initrc or initramfs or binitramfs a bit differently than was happening three months ago.
for example two days ago something in upgrade made by grub reconfig.

please ignore me now and devote your energies to the thread's owner...His make fails while trying to build module xrandr at the conf part or maybe when it wants a png
that's when i needed jpeglib.h
and i don't know if he's got libsvn or subversion installed
kafka

Post by kafka »

vak278

I got exactly the same error as vak278 while compiling e17 from svn. Didn't find any solution so far.
whirly

Post by whirly »

@vak278 &@kafka
do you have all this:

sudo apt-get install xterm make gcc bison flex subversion cvs automake1.10 autoconf autotools-dev autoconf-archive libtool gettext libpam0g-dev libfreetype6-dev libpng12-dev zlib1g-dev libjpeg62-dev libtiff4-dev libungif4-dev librsvg2-dev libx11-dev libxcursor-dev libxrender-dev libxrandr-dev libxfixes-dev libxdamage-dev libxcomposite-dev libxss-dev libxp-dev libxext-dev libxinerama-dev libxft-dev libxfont-dev libxi-dev libxv-dev libxkbfile-dev libxres-dev libxtst-dev libltdl7-dev libglu1-xorg-dev libglut3-dev xserver-xephyr libdbus-1-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libasound2-dev libudev-dev libxcb-shape0-dev

a bunch of them aren't installed by default.

you also need to build in proper order according to the e site so skipping one or if the build skips one then you're screwed up

i might try all them source modules from their site next time----but i don't think they work hard at keeping it all straight

i also found debian repos for sid---then synaptics can figure it out, andthen there is this one
http://www.debe17.com/debian/debe17-svn_1.1.1-0_all.deb

Return to “LMDE Archive”