LMDE With Mate or MGSE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Andrew33

LMDE With Mate or MGSE

Post by Andrew33 »

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere else....I'm not sure where, but I'm running LMDE, tracking sid, unstable & experimental.....how or where can I get Mate or MGSE to put on this....is it possible to do this...thanks in advance....cheers

Andrew
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: LMDE With Mate or MGSE

Post by xenopeek »

Perhaps somebody has a hack, but it is not officially on LMDE yet. See the recent blogpost by Clem on Cinnamon, that also has a bit about your question:
Under the hood Cinnamon is forked from Gnome Shell and based on Mutter and Gnome 3. It’s already available for Linux Mint 12, Ubuntu 11.10, Fedora 16, OpenSUSE 12.1 and Arch Linux and will soon make its way (along with MGSE and MATE) to LMDE when Gnome 3.2 enters Debian Testing.
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

Andrew,

LMDE+Mate

Here is the one you need, from GeneC.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=87728

Read the thread, somewhere you should find the change of Mate repos from 'sid' to 'wheezy'. just follow the steps and you could get all of them installed and running.

I had two computers with two partitions running:
LMDE - Sid-gnome3 (less mint menu) + Mate, since the day I installed it and had since been running that.
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

Thank you Wayne & Vincent;

Unfortunately, cinnamon won't go onto my system seeing how its programming is in Ubuntu and we all know that Ubuntu and
Debian don't play nice together......right now, I'm facing another issue....I seemed to have lost the ability to right click on my desktop to change the background....any ideas
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

Hello Wayne:

Do you know of a way to change the background on the login screen....I'm not to particular about stripes....I'm like you, I'm running LMDE-Sid+MATE and I'm not to sure where to look for the file or folder where the greeting backgrounds are for MATE, I know where they are for gdm3.....any ideas...thank you in advance....cheers

Andrew

Return to “LMDE Archive”