2 Week User FIrst Time Poster

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: 2 Week User FIrst Time Poster

Post by exploder »

Welcome to Mint!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Welcome to the Mint gang h00chi3
humptydumpty
Level 1
Level 1

Post by humptydumpty »

Hi,

I think you will like Mint - a lot. I have several people who I have weaned away from MacroHard Windows - XP & Vista (mainly from Vista). Nobody yet has expressed any regrets whatsoever at their move. To the contrary, everyone has been delighted to have escaped from Big Brother's clutches and his prying eyes!

I also build quite a lot of PC's for friends and neighbours and during the last year, all of these have been with Linux Mint installed. Once users have become familiar with the new operating system, I get far fewer calls for help from Linux users than from those still in the clutches of MacroHard. Apart from very real concerns about the Draconian licence conditions applied to Vista and re-installation limitations, the main criticism seems to be the disappointing performance of this costly and cumbersome operating system.

I am sure that you will be very happy now that you have "cleansed" your PC - enjoy your new freedom and voyage of discovery. If you do encounter any rough seas of confusion, just remember that there there are many other Linux users sailing nearby, who will not hesitate to throw you a life-line, if you put out a distress call!

Good luck with Linux Mint - stick with it!

HD.

Return to “Open Chat”