Nothing to do!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
rosswmcgee

Nothing to do!

Post by rosswmcgee »

I may have forgotten but it seems to me that MInt lmde is the first distro that required no adjustments to Java. Everything just works at least for me. Applets

too!. I am so impressed with LMDE!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wayne128

Re: Nothing to do!

Post by wayne128 »

good to read that you are happy,

just a note, many other distros also have java installed and work out of the box
some distros had sun java preinstalled
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
rosswmcgee

Post by rosswmcgee »

I notice that there are very few updates on lmde having used it for some time now. I would have expected more. We use two mints, and one Debian Squeeze.

Debian Sqeeze gets many up dates but weeks can go by without LMDE having one. I would have thought since LMDE is right on the cutting edge

there would be more. Perhaps it has to do with Gnome 3 vs. Gnome 2 ??

I have had zero problems with LMDE.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

rosswmcgee wrote:I notice that there are very few updates on lmde having used it for some time now. I would have expected more. We use two mints, and one Debian Squeeze.

Debian Sqeeze gets many up dates but weeks can go by without LMDE having one. I would have thought since LMDE is right on the cutting edge
The reason is the default update method used by LMDE. You won't get updates until they have been tested by the Mint team. So when they are released to the users you could have a gigabyte or more of updates to apply.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Funny... when I saw this thread's title, I was almost sure it would be something like http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=88715 :D
rosswmcgee

Post by rosswmcgee »

OK that explains it, thanks. The way things are going I see no need for another distro experiment, with LMDE never needing to be replaced.

When my wifes Mint 9 needs to be replaced I will do so with LMDE.

Return to “LMDE Archive”