Tomboy 1.8.0 fails to synchronise with local folder

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
madwoollything

Tomboy 1.8.0 fails to synchronise with local folder

Post by madwoollything »

I hope someone can help as I'd like to use KDE but am a long time Gnome user and have become very reliant on Tomboy notes.
If I try to synchronise with my dropbox local directory I get the following when running the Mint12 KDE RC:

"Failed to synchronize. Could not synchronize notes. Check the details below and try again"
"Below" only shows the notes which got synced. Approx 170 of my 200+ notes have synchronised correctly.
Unfortunately there is no obvious error message.

I'm dual booting with Mint 12 (Gnome) and Tomboy works just fine synchronising with the local dropbox folder (so Dropbox is not the problem).
Anyone else seen this or got any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
madwoollything

Re: Tomboy 1.8.0 fails to synchronise with local folder

Post by madwoollything »

The solution seems to be the following:

"I opened the Tomboy Preferences, and on the first tab (Editing), clicked "New Note Template". I then renamed the Template title to "Title" instead of "New Note Template". Then closed this template note, and synchronization worked."

Hope this helps someone else
wpwend42

Post by wpwend42 »

Wow, that worked for me!!! Thanks.
flyingbird

Post by flyingbird »

I am facing the same problem, I tried to change the title of the template but didn't work for me.
Any suggestions?

Return to “Software & Applications”