tons of bugs?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
telenux
Level 3
Level 3

tons of bugs?

Post by telenux »

I notice a peculiar problem when I try to watch a video online.

It switches to a new one after about 5 to 10 seconds. It's weird. I booted up my Debian partition and there's no problem playing the video.

That's why I always switch back to Debian from LMDE and don't use LMDE for long. I always ALWAYS encounter some quirk or problem.

I post here about it and get criticized for no reason.

I still say testers don't do enough scrutiny of various tasks.

I have no idea how to solve it and not sure it's worth much time trying to figure it out. I know there's another bug around the corner. It's too bad, too.

They do a decent job polishing it and having an up-to-date system that supposedly works out the issues that Sid might deliver. But, small and minor annoyances mean that Debian is often more reliable in my experience.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rich_roast

Re: tons of bugs?

Post by rich_roast »

telenux wrote:It switches to a new one after about 5 to 10 seconds. It's weird. I booted up my Debian partition and there's no problem playing the video.
Unfortunately I'm not an LMDE dev so I can't help directly, but perhaps it'll be acceptable to point out the reason why, if I were a dev on that distro, I'd be deleting this from my pile and moving on.

Which browser? Which website? (Is this even a website or are we talking about video files hosted locally? -- In that case, which application are you using to play?) Version numbers? Which hardware?

No doubt developers don't have a lot of time to scrutinize every last thing a user might be expected to do (and since the sum total of what a user might be expected to do is infinite, there's probably not a lot of point in trying -- most of the time there will be a test harness to make sure that the thing boots and that packaged applications run but probably not a great deal more than that.

I realize that bugs are annoying but c'mon, give the guys a break. You're not being much help yourself.

Return to “LMDE Archive”