Screen Brightness Resets

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Asterix5

Screen Brightness Resets

Post by Asterix5 »

Hi I'm new to Linux and I'm running Linux Mint 12 64-bit on a samsung laptop. I like it more than mac or windows, but the biggest problem is that the screen brightness resets to maximum whenever i switch off, hibernate or suspend my computer, and sometimes when I don't do any of those things. I've searched the forums and haven't found any advice that works to stop this, so I think it must be a bug. Because there are no shortcuts to adjust the brightness I have to go into system settings every time, it's really annoying.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: Screen Brightness Resets

Post by bimsebasse »

See 1m in this thread
Asterix5

Post by Asterix5 »

Great thanks! :D I was just thinking it I imagine could be quite easy to have as part of standard linux mint package the brightness being one of the settings that is saved when you switch off or until it gets changed again, I'm not sure if that is a bug? Just if you aren't used to linux I found it a bit difficult doing all the commands with the startup script and terminal...
Asterix5

Post by Asterix5 »

It also resets when I sleep the laptop, although it is fine for a full shutdown.

Return to “Beginner Questions”