Update Problems with LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tlcmd

Update Problems with LMDE

Post by tlcmd »

When i try to update via the blue /white icon, I get the list of updates in the Update Manager.
1) install All and get this:
This Update Will Trigger Additional Changes
The following 2 packages will be removed
two listed
The Followng 42 Packages will be Installed
42 listed
So I hit OK
After going throughthe "readouts" and "changelogs" and "Installing and removing Software" I get:
UPDATE IS COMPLETE with the proviso that "Not all changes and updates succeded. For further details of the failure please, expand the details panel below.
Beneath that panel,is one which reads AN ERROR OCCURRED
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad_0.10.22-3_i386.deb: trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstxvid.so', which is also in package gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad 0.10.22-0.1

My questions:
1) Am I Updated or not (since that sily blue and white icon has reappeared and takes me through this again?
2) If I'm not updated, how can i get my LMDE updated (201109) so that blue/white icone will disappear?

Thanks,
Dick
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cecar
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Update Problems with LMDE

Post by cecar »

tlcmd

Post by tlcmd »

Thank you. I'll catch up soon.
Dick
Bill_KY

Post by Bill_KY »

I believe I saw this same problem just after installing LMDE and trying to do an initial update&upgrade. What worked was to find the offending file, gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad_0.10.22-3_i386.deb, and remove it from the upgrade list. The process then went to conclusion. I recall some dire warnings as I rebooted. Those turned out to mean nothing. All has been well ever since. Try it and see if the same thing works for you. Good luck!

Return to “LMDE Archive”