[HELP] Nvidia 8500 GT Problem

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
iSc@AdRoN

[HELP] Nvidia 8500 GT Problem

Post by iSc@AdRoN »

Hi everyone.

First of all, sorry for my bad english xD. Second, I looked for a solution to my problem in the forums, but nothing works.

So, this is my problem:

Just installed LMDE XFCE 64 bit on my pc which has a nvidia 8500GT. After the install of LMDE i made an update and upgrade of the system.

Next thing was to install and configurate the driver for my video card. So I went to nvdia site and downloaded the driver for my card. The installation went fine. But when i reboot the pc, the screen resolution was changed to 640x480. My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 940B 19'', and on windows the optimal resolution is 1280x1024. So I figured that I only have to change that in my xorg.conf. But nothing happens, still on 640x480.

I executed xrandr on a terminal and it says that my maximum resolution is only 640x480.

So any help will be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wyrdoak

Re: [HELP] Nvidia 8500 GT Problem

Post by wyrdoak »

xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator
iSc@AdRoN

Post by iSc@AdRoN »

wyrdoak wrote:See if this might help: http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/168
Thanks for your reply.

I did everything that said's in the link, but still stuck on the low resolution.

I dont know what am I doing wrong here. :(

Return to “LMDE Archive”