Linux kernel 3.2

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Brian49

Linux kernel 3.2

Post by Brian49 »

Linux kernel 3.2.0-rc4 is now in the Experimental repository, in case anyone wants to try it out. No problems here so far.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Brian49

Re: Linux kernel 3.2

Post by Brian49 »

Kernel 3.2 final is now in the Unstable repository.
LifeInTheGrey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LifeInTheGrey »

Brian49 wrote:Kernel 3.2 final is now in the Unstable repository.
Liquroix has already updated to 3.2, I highly recommend it over the standard debian kernel for 64-bit systems.
the beauty of linux is that the rabbit hole goes as deep as you want it to go.
Brian49

Post by Brian49 »

Thanks for this. Can you say a little more about why you recommend Liquorix on a 64-bit system, please? I used it for a while a couple of years ago, on a 32-bit system, and eventually came to the conclusion it wasn't giving me any tangible benefit. I am running 64-bit since I switched to LMDE.
LifeInTheGrey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LifeInTheGrey »

Brian49 wrote:Thanks for this. Can you say a little more about why you recommend Liquorix on a 64-bit system, please? I used it for a while a couple of years ago, on a 32-bit system, and eventually came to the conclusion it wasn't giving me any tangible benefit. I am running 64-bit since I switched to LMDE.
Well the reason I recommended it for 64-bit systems specifically is because of the 686 vs 486 debacle since the .39 kernel ... ive tried to install liquorix 686 and never have success booting, only with 486 or amd64. In regards to reasons for liquorix overall, its mainly noticeable for media-related stuff, my streams seem to be smoother, and latency seems lower.
the beauty of linux is that the rabbit hole goes as deep as you want it to go.

Return to “LMDE Archive”