Need Help Setting up Android SDK[SOLVED]

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ndex477

Need Help Setting up Android SDK[SOLVED]

Post by ndex477 »

I recently installed LM 11 and am having a ball learning it. I have been use to using the Android SDK with Windows 7. Can someone please show me the steps to install Android SDK in Mint so I can connect my phone and also use the ADB tool. Thanks very much.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Need Help Setting up Android SDK

Post by dagon »

Mint 11 is based on Ubuntu Natty, so:
http://www.mdl4.com/2011/06/how-to-inst ... in-ubuntu/
ndex477

Post by ndex477 »

Thanks so much dagon.
ndex477

Post by ndex477 »

dagon, when I try the terminal command(substituting r_16) I get an error message and when i view the contents of the zipped download didn't see "platform-tools"

error message: tar (child): android-sdk_r16-linux_x86.tgz:Cannot open: No such file or directory.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

Check out richyrichs link instead. Are you on a 32 or 64 bit system?
ndex477

Post by ndex477 »

64bit
dexviajiboy

Post by dexviajiboy »

ndex477 wrote:dagon, when I try the terminal command(substituting r_16) I get an error message and when i view the contents of the zipped download didn't see "platform-tools"

error message: tar (child): android-sdk_r16-linux_x86.tgz:Cannot open: No such file or directory.
If you are using 64-bit Linux Mint 13 you MUST download and install the 'ia32-libs' package since the Android SDK is a 32-bit application and requires the 32 bit library to operate properly. To download and install, open a terminal and execute:
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

*Source: http://ridz1ba.blogspot.com/2012/07/and ... -maya.html

Return to “Other topics”