Alternatives to Network Manager/Wicd? (LXDE-friendly)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tpprynn
Level 3
Level 3

Alternatives to Network Manager/Wicd? (LXDE-friendly)

Post by tpprynn »

I'm using Mint 11 LXDE (not LMDE) on a netbook. For odd-sounding reasons I'll skip here related to the dreaded internet addiction, I'd like to replace Network Manager with something else ideally that can do wireless and ethernet but not Mobile Broadband. I tried Wicd for the first time in a while today, purging NM first, and though it worked once running properly, it causes a thirty second freeze at boot. If anyone has found this and solved it I'd be interested, but I was wondering if there is anything fairly user-friendly with a panel applet I could try, with as few dependencies as possible. I would consider also cli alternatives, as far as setup goes, if the connection can then be automated with a desktop/panel icon.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
doktornotor
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Alternatives to Network Manager/Wicd? (LXDE-friendly)

Post by doktornotor »

Code: Select all

/etc/network/interfaces
man interfaces
:P

Return to “Networking”