Any other DE distros for Mint?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
molom

Any other DE distros for Mint?

Post by molom »

I have found that we've reached the peak in our distros, which is very good. These are the main distros that we have:
- Mint Gnome
- Mint KDE
- Mint XFCE
- Mint Fluxbox
- Mint E17

I know there are those other editions like light version and mini version, but I'm talking about DE editions. Is there any other editions people would like, I don't have any other popular DE that would suit Mint. Tell me if you do have one.

Cheers,
molom
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Any other DE distros for Mint?

Post by belovedmonster »

Enough with the DE variations. We need to move into like having a Christian Edition and an Educational Edition and a Gaming Edition and a Music & Video Creation Edition :wink:
molom

Post by molom »

belovedmonster wrote:Enough with the DE variations. We need to move into like having a Christian Edition and an Educational Edition and a Gaming Edition and a Music & Video Creation Edition :wink:
Linux Mint Ultimate edition :P

Cheers ;)
molom
molom

Post by molom »

Day wrote:
molom wrote:I have found that we've reached the peak in our distros, which is very good. These are the main distros that we have:
- Mint Gnome
- Mint KDE
- Mint XFCE
- Mint Fluxbox
- Mint E17

I know there are those other editions like light version and mini version, but I'm talking about DE editions. Is there any other editions people would like, I don't have any other popular DE that would suit Mint. Tell me if you do have one.

Cheers,
molom

How about the so-called ROX Desktop?
I don't see much of a point of the ROX desktop. It's ugly. I think the Mint Fluxbox edition takes care of the ROX desktop.

Cheers,
molom
molom

Post by molom »

Day wrote:
molom wrote: I don't see much of a point of the ROX desktop. It's ugly. I think the Mint Fluxbox edition takes care of the ROX desktop.

Cheers,
molom

It is not quite true. I use it with frugalware for a while. And it can be configured to be nice looking. Beauty comes from people's hardworking. I don't think Fluxbox is beautiful. But we can make it be. And in fact, sometimes we have to ignore its looking outside in order to get some efficiency out of box. Of course, E17 is an exception. And I am waiting for your Mint E17 beta come out! :D
I can understand you and you are right. I haven't seen ROX in a distro yet. But I've heard that Fluxbuntu uses Fluxbox and ROX simultaneously. But I don't think there anymore developers that want to start a project. I've already posted up a post about someone starting a BSD Mint distro and no one has taken the privilege of developing such a magnificent distro. Nice to hear your opinion.

Cheers,
molom

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”