Can I upgrade from Daryna XFCE CE Beta to Final?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Can I upgrade from Daryna XFCE CE Beta to Final?

Post by jbaerbock »

So I am using Main Edition and Gnome seems to not like me because it always seems laggy instead of snappy. I've been waiting for the XFCE Daryna to come out but since it is delayed any way I could install the Beta and be safe upgrading to the final once it comes out? Would it be safe to do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Can I upgrade from Daryna XFCE CE Beta to Final?

Post by Husse »

There are some issues with this beta that the developer still has not solved. There is a totally unexpected memory leak in Firefox and few other things
Maybe, but just maybe, this makes upgrading hard
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

Ok thanks for the advice.
rootkowski
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rootkowski »

Husse wrote:There are some issues with this beta that the developer still has not solved. There is a totally unexpected memory leak in Firefox and few other things
Maybe, but just maybe, this makes upgrading hard
After some problems on my laptop (if you're interested: http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 66&p=55563) I decided to install XFCE. I did it through Synaptic. Sessions work fine etc but Firefox just doesn't. The system goes completely nuts! So I installed Opera and everything works great (except for thunar hanging when I try to open ntfs partitions and use the drop down menu). So maybe it's not a bug in mint XFCE edition but either in FF or in xfce itself (since i have daryna gnome just with additional xfce packages)?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Thanks rootkowski
This is a valuable input. We for sure saw FF eating resources and that this is the case in your config limits the scope somewhat

Return to “Xfce”