Hot corner - how to show virtual desktops?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
madwoollything

Hot corner - how to show virtual desktops?

Post by madwoollything »

I've just started using Cinnamon 1.2 ..... very nice.

One thing I miss (& have been searching on the forums) is how to re-enable showing the virtual desktops from the 'hot corner'.
With Cinnamon 1.2 if I use the hot corner, only the windows open on that desktop are visible, and the 'virtual desktops' no longer appear on the right hand side.

How do I re-enable this so can move opens applications to another desktop from the overview?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Longstreet

Re: Hot corner - how to show virtual desktops?

Post by Longstreet »

I would like this as well. Cinnamon's a pretty cool merging of old and new, but I'm missing the virtual view on the right.

Anybody?
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

This isn't possible using Cinnamon 1.2. The desktop overview was replaced with the compiz scale plugin. However, I have heard from looking at the talk on github that there is a plan to add a horizantal workspace switcher which is just like the old one in the future.
madwoollything

Post by madwoollything »

cwwgateway wrote:This isn't possible using Cinnamon 1.2. The desktop overview was replaced with the compiz scale plugin. However, I have heard from looking at the talk on github that there is a plan to add a horizantal workspace switcher which is just like the old one in the future.
Thanks .... Cinnamon is developing nicely and I know that this is early days.
felixlizarraga
Level 3
Level 3

Post by felixlizarraga »

Hi guys,

I'm a supernewbie --"super" in the bad sense, as in completely ignorant"--, but now I'm wondering why I don't have the problem.

I am also using Cinnamom 1.2, but when I hit the hot corner (top left in my case) I do get a nice view of all virtual desktops on the right side. So perhaps the problem is not Cinnamon-related.

HTH,

Felix
felixlizarraga
Level 3
Level 3

Post by felixlizarraga »

Correction:

A newbie is a newbie is a newbie. I'm such a newbie, I didn't even know that I wasn't logged on a Cinnamon session. Now I am, and, of course, I DON'T see the virtual desktops on the right. Sorry about the confusion... :(
bu99zy

Post by bu99zy »

while in overview mode, if you can click and drag on an empty space (not on the windows), you can slide to the next workspace

Return to “Cinnamon”