mint4win error

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Elephant454

mint4win error

Post by Elephant454 »

Hello, I am having a little bit of trouble getting Linux Mint installed, yes, I know that it isn't the greatest to use these loopmounted devices as opposed to a whole new partition, but I don't have enough time to try and configure a partition myself. Anyways, I am a Linux n00b, and I need some help diagnosing this error. Here is the log that I was prompted to look at after the install failed. The directory it lead me to contained a text document whose contents is the following. http://pastebin.com/B5dHvsMS Can anyone let me know what to do? I am excited about making the switch from Ubuntu to Mint, I was hoping that something similar to Wubi would come around for Mint!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mads

Re: mint4win error

Post by mads »

What I see in your log is:
02-03 19:31 ERROR TaskList: 'WindowsBackend' object has no attribute 'iso_path'

Searching the above in Google, I found this (here):
M. Sami ul Basit wrote:Bro,
Just disconnect your PC From internet (WLAN OR LAN) Before Running WUBI. Once its done. Restart. Exactly worked for me for this backend error.
Frits Kuijk wrote:Thanks M. Sami ul Basit, that solved my question.
This is from the first search result. You could try to search again yourself. I also found this:
mint4win for the Linux Mint 12 DVD edition
Elephant454

Post by Elephant454 »

Disabling the Wi-Fi did not work, I also tried some other solutions I found on Google like burning a new disk (if it's a "bad disk", that's the thing to do right?) and running it as an administrator... neither worked. Do you have any other suggestions? Also, that file that you included relating to including mint4win, what does it do? How do I use it? Is it officially supported by Linux Mint? Is it absolutely safe? Any other help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you for spending your free time towards helping confused individuals just starting out their linux-based journey like me.
mads

Post by mads »

Elephant454 wrote:...Also, that file that you included relating to including mint4win, what does it do? How do I use it? Is it officially supported by Linux Mint? Is it absolutely safe?...
I don't know, but it is on the Mint community.

Return to “Installation & Boot”