network-manager fails / traditional methods work

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
misfitplanet

network-manager fails / traditional methods work

Post by misfitplanet »

I connect two ways:
- android tethering via easytether.deb
- netgear wireless usb

I had them both working without a hitch in Mint Julia.

EasyTether
network-manager needs to be stopped. I add easytether0 to interfaces file. I restart networking and I'm connected. If I don't stop network-manager, he'll keep breaking my connection.

Netgear Wireless
When I try to install the windows drivers for netgear using:
Menu -> Administration -> Windows Wireless Drivers
It complains ndiswrapper may not be installed. ndiswrapper is. Can't get inf driver to install. Julia took it fine.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: network-manager fails / traditional methods work

Post by viking777 »

Well this is not exactly a solution, but just a suggestion.

I use LMDE. I connect to a netgear wireless router at home and I connect to an Android phone when I am not at home.

I don't use windows wireless drivers, and I certainly don't use 'easy-tether' (never even heard of it), and everything works perfectly.

Now I am aware that I may be using a different router to you and I am almost certainly using a different wifi card and phone, but what I ask myself about your situation is this, are you using software that is completely unnecessary? And is that software screwing with network manager's ability to do the job on its own?

As I said, not a solution, but just a question for you to ask (and answer) yourself.

Return to “LMDE Archive”