Live User Signed Into All tty's 1-6

Make a liveCD/DVD out of your installed LinuxMint (Ubuntu/Debian) system

Live User Signed Into All tty's 1-6

Postby misfitplanet on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Why is my Live user signed into tty1 - 6?

A few details explaining the only changes I've made:

I downloaded Linux Mint 12. Burned, booted, and installed to hard drive. Performed updates. Downloaded Remastersys from repos. Remastered with updates (so I don't have to download them any more). I burn and boot the remastered updated Linux Mint 12. I log in and find that my user is logged into all the ttys 1-6. I hit Ctrl + Alt + F1-6 and try to exit with exit command, but it won't let me exit any tty.

This happend also with Linux Mint Julia. With Julia I also had my admin user signed in on boot (I can't tell this is happening on 12 yet). I can never sign out live. When I reinstall to hard disk from updated remaster, this doesn't happen. I mean, my admin is not signed at gdm prompt. And, no one is sigend into the tty's except the last one, I think F7 for xsession or whatever that is. Additionally, if I remaster with multiple accounts, those accounts are not signed in. They can sign in and out without a hitch.

What's going on with my Live session? How can I stop my Live user from being signed in automatically?
Maling
I read the books. And learn. I make it work.
Montgomery
Not without this you don't.

- The Island of Dr. Moreau
misfitplanet
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Live User Signed Into All tty's 1-6

Postby xenopeek on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Moved here by moderator

I think the forum members in this section will know more about this :wink: My guess would be the point of a live session is you don't have to login? That is what happens on live session of Linux Mint itself also.
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Postby misfitplanet on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:53 pm

What I'm concerned with is that a user that has a password that does not have automatic sign in is being automatically signed in at boot. This kind of architecture seems to be flawed.
Maling
Montgomery

misfitplanet
Level 2
Level 2

Postby DrHu on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:03 pm

I don't know, but I would try
  • jump to each terminal session and close it
    --then when all are closed/shutdown
  • logout
  • shutdown the system and restart
    --do the set of tty login sessions restart, when you arrive at the desktop you use ?
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Postby misfitplanet on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:29 am

I tried exiting, it just signed right back in with a new effn fortune. I can't restart, because this a live cd. (I need to use it live). Plus, this doesn't happen when it's installed.

I'm venturing into upstart for the first time. I've found so conf files that seem to be signing my user in to the tty's. My next test it to comment out those lines I'm suspicious of. I still haven't found what file is signing in my user to the graphical env yet.

Next time you boot Mint Live to install or do something with say Gparted, type the command users and you see what I'm talking about.
Maling
Montgomery

misfitplanet
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Remastersys