Ubuntu Mockup

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
molom

Ubuntu Mockup

Post by molom »

Who likes this mockup?
http://willwill100.deviantart.com/art/U ... n-74511244

Cheers,
molom
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Ubuntu Mockup

Post by belovedmonster »

I think the text doesn't "pop" as well as it should. Can you make the text more white to stand out more? Other than that I'm actually suprised how much I like this theme, it looks nice despite it being matte and dark. Normally I find dark themes only work if they are black and glossy. But it seems no one wants to go the whole hog of black and glossy for fear of comparisons with Vista.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I agree with belovedmonster about the text "popping." My old eyes would appreciate a little larger font also, but thats just me. I am sure it would probably be fine for the majority.

Nice... I find myself liking it also.

Have a good one,

Fred
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

I like it also. But I'm not a big fan of large round corners, kinda makes things kid safe. But beside that, I like the icon direction, much more mature and the theme color is easy on the eyes. I agree with others the text headings need to be larger and pop more. its a good contribution I hope the Ubuntu team looks at it.
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

I like it, though I find that the window's title bar is too big and wastes a lot of space. Other than that, the mentioned text issue is also present. Nice overall 8)
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

If the menu text was bold or bigger it would be nice, but the orange icons on a reflective orange background is a little to much for me!
And the inconsistency between songbird's squared corners and the file browsers round makes it look kind of unfinished, but there are some good ideas in this mockup none the less.
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4

Return to “Chat about Linux”