unable to login to tty7 on LMDE XFCE on VBOX

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

unable to login to tty7 on LMDE XFCE on VBOX

Post by lahirdenganselamat »

I installed LMDE XFCE 64bit 201109 as guest on VirtualBox 4.1.8 with Mint 11 32bit as host OS. Installation process was smooth, then I restart the VM, installing vbox guest addition, then restart.
after that, I do an upgrade using apt-get upgrade, and upgrade ~690 package (took 2 hour to be finished). After restart, instead of login to tty7, i got to tty1 screen.
Typing startx from tty1 resulting no screen found. then I go to Xchat and got suggestion from AlbertP to run

Code: Select all

sudo service lightdm start
then I realize that I never see words like lightdm on my upgrade process so I type

Code: Select all

sudo service gdm3 start
resulting gdm3:failed
sudo service gdm3 status says that gdm3 already running. I can go to tty7 by pressing Alt+F7, but I cannot see anything instead of " _ " on the top lest of the screen.

Is there any way to me to be able to login to tty7?? ( I mean to be able to use xfce again, not CLI)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lahirdenganselamat
Level 4
Level 4

Re: unable to login to tty7 on LMDE XFCE on VBOX

Post by lahirdenganselamat »

I try to do an upgrade but it seems that LMDE cannot connect to the internet (the host OS was connected). So is there anybody suggests to do an upgrade, it seems that I cannot do that on my LMDE

Return to “LMDE Archive”