gnome15 install help <SOLVED>

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
posetown

gnome15 install help <SOLVED>

Post by posetown »

hello

im trying to install gnome15,its a driver for logitech g19 keyboard.
so i downloaded the source, Checked the pre-requisites, got all the things, un tar the file, ran ./configure
and i get a "configure: error: You must also provide the location of your distributions udev rules using --enable-udev=path-to-rules-directory"

I have no clue what that means, this is my first time ever trying to compile from source, i have googled all over for this specific error and cant find any thing that helps.
any help or direction will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I was using this tutorial http://www.gnome15.org/index.php?option ... &Itemid=34
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dwasifar

Re: gnome15 install help

Post by dwasifar »

No need to build from source. Install from gnome15's ppa repository instead, using the instructions here: http://www.gnome15.org/index.php?option ... &Itemid=33
posetown

Post by posetown »

whoops, ive posted this in the wrong section, im using linux mint dedian sorry about that.

but i have tried the other packages.

the debian package i get this error "The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gnome15-debian : Depends: gnome15-accessibility-icons but it is not installable
E: Broken packages"

the mint package i get this error" gnome15-mint : Depends: gnome15-mono-icons but it is not installable
E: Broken packages"

so im guessing the only way to get it to work is to compile it myself.
dwasifar

Post by dwasifar »

I went and had a look at the repositories, and those dependencies are not there. I suspect you will have a similar problem compiling from source, but if you want to try it, the path it's looking for is /etc/udev/rules.d so I imagine it wants you to run:

Code: Select all

./configure --enable-udev=/etc/udev/rules.d
posetown

Post by posetown »

YES! that seems to have done the trick :D

while not 100% working for the most part it works,i will play around with it more, install the other plugins and stuff
but for now im unstuck thankyou.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

posetown wrote:whoops, ive posted this in the wrong section, im using linux mint dedian.
Moved by moderator

Return to “LMDE Archive”