No questions..just comments

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
themagicm

No questions..just comments

Post by themagicm »

LM 12 looks awesome!! I've bounced from openSuSE to Debian, now to LM12. Debian didnt work on my new Ultrabook (had issues so I bailed on it), openSuSE is ugly as hell with Gnome 3 but LM12's implementation of Gnome 3 is spot on PERFECT.

In future releases, PLEASE dont change to a plain Gnome 3..love LM 12.. works GREAT other than 1 tiny issue.

Keep up the awesome work!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lumikki

Re: No questions..just comments

Post by Lumikki »

Sorry, to give bad news.

I think Mint developers have allready sayed that they will drop MGSE in next Mint 13. MGSE is basicly the Gnome 3 look what you see in Mint 12 gnome. Mint developers desided to go Cinnamon and MATE route. I my self liked Cinnamon little better, even if MGSE wasn't bad at all. Lucky for me that next Mint 13 has Cinnamon as default.
themagicm

Post by themagicm »

Do you have a link to any screenshots for LM 13 with the new window manager?

EDIT: I just googled cinnamon...whew.. yea, I'm fine with that. Looks great. :)
Lumikki

Post by Lumikki »

You mean Cinnamon desktop or MATE?

http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/

I don't really know much about MATE, I think MATE is more like Gnome 2 like desktop look?
themagicm

Post by themagicm »

Yes, Cinnamon desktop. I found that link also. It is Gnome 2ish but more refined from that screenshot. I'm not really an eye-candy kinda guy. A little 3d shading is fine but wobbly windows, fancy fx is not for me.
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

themagicm wrote:Do you have a link to any screenshots for LM 13 with the new window manager?

EDIT: I just googled cinnamon...whew.. yea, I'm fine with that. Looks great. :)
If you have Linux Mint 12 installed you can add Cinnamon session to it right now...it's still in development but very stable and each new version (which you would then receive through update manager) will add more new features and flexibility... :)

Just go to the package manager, type in Cinnamon and add the package, then log out and log back in and select "Cinnamon" from that little "cog wheel" on the log in page...
themagicm

Post by themagicm »

oh yea... I really like Cinnamon. It is my default WM from here on out. LXDE isnt too bad either! :)
webguy64

Post by webguy64 »

I love Mint to :D
I used to have a whole bunch of crashes with Vista and it came with the most USELESS software! Mint doesn't!
Oh, and not worrying about all the Windows Virus's is a good advantage :wink:
JayKay3000

Post by JayKay3000 »

webguy64 wrote:I love Mint to :D
I used to have a whole bunch of crashes with Vista and it came with the most USELESS software! Mint doesn't!
Oh, and not worrying about all the Windows Virus's is a good advantage :wink:
You only have to worry about the Linux viruses now.
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

which linux viruses are those? :wink: :lol:
anyone see any linux viruses? i haven't...

Return to “Non-technical Questions”