Cant Install Linux mint using mint4win

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rajanbrowne

Cant Install Linux mint using mint4win

Post by rajanbrowne »

I get the error below while installing linux mint 12 with mint4win
Linux error1.jpg
Linux error2.jpg
Kindly help me out to get linux install on my HP G62 Laptop having windows 7 64 bit
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mads

Re: Cant Install Linux mint using mint4win

Post by mads »

I guess you need to unistall / reinstall Mint4win. The equivalent in Ubuntu is Wubi. Hope this helps.
How do I manually uninstall Wubi?
rajanbrowne

Post by rajanbrowne »

i uninstall min4win and then again try to install linux mint 12 with mint4win the same error appears again.

please suggest something else
mads

Post by mads »

Could you open command prompt as administrator, run "bcdedit" and post the output?
rajanbrowne

Post by rajanbrowne »

cmd.jpg
mads

Post by mads »

Your BIOS is probably configured to start from a removable media, hence the bcdedit error.
Could you check your BIOS settings and make sure that the default startup device is your hard drive?
rajanbrowne

Post by rajanbrowne »

sorry i type the wrond spell of bcdedit here it is now
cmd1.jpg
mads

Post by mads »

Do you see the "customactions" and "custom:5400000f" lines after "timeout 30"? They are the problem.
It is very risky to edit bcd unless you know how to restore it using your DVD installation disc.

To delete the problem entry, open command prompt as administrator and run:
bcdedit delete {5c3248ae-0c1a-11e0-aa77-ed883b2493f5}

Try mint4win again. If it still doesn't work, use EasyBCD.
rajanbrowne

Post by rajanbrowne »

one of my friend told me that the type of hard disk on my HP laptop is dynamic and thats why linux cant be intalled on it.

it is true?
mads

Post by mads »

rajanbrowne wrote:one of my friend told me that the type of hard disk on my HP laptop is dynamic and thats why linux cant be intalled on it.

it is true?
I cannot read this from bcdedit's output. You could check out:
Right-click Computer > Manage > Storage > Disk Management
rajanbrowne

Post by rajanbrowne »

i have checked it

my hard disk is dynamic
mads

Post by mads »

The preferred method of Converting a dynamic disk to a basic disk requires to delete all partitions.
This is not something you want unless you are willing to spend several hours to backup, reinstall Windows and restore
your data. In addition you need to have Windows 7 installation DVD and a third party partitioning app like GParted Live.

But, there are some other approaches. One which is free is TestDisk. How you can do it is graphically explained here.
WARNING: The tutorial is good and there are several success reports. However It's very experimental. Use it as your own risk.
Another one which is commercial (US$ 29.99), and which a user has reported success in using is Dynamic Disk Converter Professional Edition.

Return to “Installation & Boot”