Cinnamon 1.2 released

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon

Re: Cinnamon 1.2 released

Postby andrew5859 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Ya know, this cinnamon stuff just ain't workin for me....can't resize anything, try to edit the css file to make changes, still can't right click the panel for anything, can't move nothin....I thought this stuff was suppose to be fixed...icons are still the same small size which needs a magnifying glass to look at, they're so small :x
Dell Latitude D810/2.26Ghz Intel/2GB Crucial/250GB WD/nVidia Quadro FX 1400 256MB/Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG
Win7 Bus 32 bit/LMDE-Sid-MATE 32/64 Tracking Sid

andrew5859
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby kmb42vt on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:13 pm

I noticed on Guthub this morning that Cinnamon 1.3 looks ready to go. I also noticed that Cinnamon 1.3 is already available in the Fedora 16 repos. Well, gee whiz, what about us poor Linux Mint 12 users? What are we anyway? Chopped liver? :lol:

I know, patience young padawan (young? hahahahaha....).
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Postby GeneC on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:45 pm

kmb

Cinnamon 1.3 released
http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=163

Will be watching the LMDE repos. :mrgreen:
GeneC

AMD Phenom2x4 3.2 ghz, 12GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 460

LMDE (Cinnamon)
Debian (Gnome Shell 3.8.4 - Testing)
Siduction (XFCE -Debian SID)
Makulu 5 (XFCE-Testing)
GeneC
Level 6
Level 6

Postby kmb42vt on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:52 pm

GeneC wrote:kmb

Cinnamon 1.3 released
http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=163

Will be watching the LMDE repos. :mrgreen:

No sooner had I hit the submit button the Update Manager shield in the tray turned blue. Such power I have? :mrgreen: :D
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Postby GeneC on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:53 pm

I wish I had the same power with LMDE :cry:
GeneC

AMD Phenom2x4 3.2 ghz, 12GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 460

LMDE (Cinnamon)
Debian (Gnome Shell 3.8.4 - Testing)
Siduction (XFCE -Debian SID)
Makulu 5 (XFCE-Testing)
GeneC
Level 6
Level 6

Postby sandman_uz on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:55 pm

just got an update for Cinnamon 1.3...

I lost my panel options - all items (windows, systray, icons) are in flipped mode, not in classic as it was... and I see only black line in bottom. maybe it's just theme problem and i need to check for updated theme (Loki now).

its more settings in Cinnamon Setting now. more applets )

well... need to reboot maybe, but for now it looks ok, maybe need to tune up theme )

but I LOVE Cinnamon )

ps - newby in Mint and Linux based systems

UPDATE: should read Release note before reply here ) specialy about panels and applets )
sandman_uz
Level 1
Level 1

Postby kmb42vt on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:03 pm

GeneC wrote:I wish I had the same power with LMDE :cry:

Sorry about that. I'm on the laptop right now but as soon as I get on my desktop PC I'll boot up LMDE, give it the old hoo-doo, boujay-boujay and see what happens? Need to update LM 12 to Cinnamon 1.3 anyway. I'll let you know if it works. :D
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Daniel4lm on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:22 pm

sandman_uz wrote:just got an update for Cinnamon 1.3...

I lost my panel options - all items (windows, systray, icons) are in flipped mode, not in classic as it was... and I see only black line in bottom. maybe it's just theme problem and i need to check for updated theme (Loki now).

its more settings in Cinnamon Setting now. more applets )

well... need to reboot maybe, but for now it looks ok, maybe need to tune up theme )

but I LOVE Cinnamon )

ps - newby in Mint and Linux based systems

UPDATE: should read Release note before reply here ) specialy about panels and applets )

Heh, I tried to make a different arrangement of the panel and everything was ruined (all applets are crossed on the right side and I could not draw them to the left). After Cinnamon restart everything was as before.
Daniel4lm
Level 2
Level 2

Postby bimsebasse on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Daniel4lm wrote:Heh, I tried to make a different arrangement of the panel and everything was ruined (all applets are crossed on the right side and I could not draw them to the left). After Cinnamon restart everything was as before.

I envy you, same thing happened to my panel and no amount of resets and restarts can bring things back to their place :)
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!
bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7

Postby Daniel4lm on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:58 pm

bimsebasse wrote:
Daniel4lm wrote:Heh, I tried to make a different arrangement of the panel and everything was ruined (all applets are crossed on the right side and I could not draw them to the left). After Cinnamon restart everything was as before.

I envy you, same thing happened to my panel and no amount of resets and restarts can bring things back to their place :)

Strange, for me, everything works perfectly (now, but not before). Try with dconf-editor - like here.
Daniel4lm
Level 2
Level 2

Postby bimsebasse on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Yes sorted. I'm leaving the panel alone for now :D

Is it an idea to lock this thread/merge with the new one now? Maybe a bit confusing if we're gonna have the same discussions in this and the other thread.
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!
bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7

Postby kmb42vt on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:21 pm

bimsebasse wrote:Yes sorted. I'm leaving the panel alone for now :D

Is it an idea to lock this thread/merge with the new one now? Maybe a bit confusing if we're gonna have the same discussions in this and the other thread.

Yup, I agree. Lock away. We need a new official thread though. Hello Oscar799?
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Postby zerozero on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:53 pm

[Topic Locked]

Cinnamon 1.3 released
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Previous

Return to Cinnamon